Japfest, Castle Combe, 10th May 2014 Updated.

martinmac

Where it says "anything you need to tell us" in blue, please complete, copy and paste in the following info.

Think im being a complete tool or tired but what following information?

Well you just cant get the staff

the following was missed of the opening post

Japfest.

Club

Username....

Name..........

Ticket type.... EG Entry, entry and tracktime.

Address.

I know your address should show up on your paypal payment but it makes it easier if its in this message as sometimes delivery address is different to the paypal address

Also

Unfortunately Track session places allocated to the 350 club have now been filled and any further requests for track time will be placed on a reserved list case the other clubs allocated places are not sold

Would advise that you go ahead and purchase a ticket/pass to ensure you get on the stand and will then place you on the reserved list so you would be first in line in case anybody drops out or other clubs sessions are not all sold

1. Arran

Veilside has had to withdraw due to his forth coming op and recovery period so His ticket/pass and track session has been allocated to Arran

Edited by Steve Burns

We find this to be one of the busiest meets of the year and as its with three forums its a little more complicated, There is alson a rush for track time too so we need to get in early. Three whole track sessions is a substancial amount of what they have available. :)

I also like to try and get some money back so I can eat at christmas. :lol:

Can you stick me down on the list please Steve, ill sort payment out soon.

I would also like to raise a issue and hope it doesn't spiral into a argument but the last 2 years some of us 350z owners have been very disappointed with the layout of the stand. It seems that a lot of the Z club members must pitch tents there the night before as by the time I get there (which last year was fairly early) the whole front of the stand is filled with z club owners and all the 350's have to park at the back. Can we try to do something to change this as its very disappointing for some of us having full show standard cars parked at the back of the stand under a damn tree. It may seem a little selfish and I will put my flame suit on after this post but I go mainly to show my car and represent the club.

• Like 2

We find this to be one of the busiest meets of the year and as its with three forums its a little more complicated, There is alson a rush for track time too so we need to get in early. Three whole track sessions is a substancial amount of what they have available. :)

I also like to try and get some money back so I can eat at christmas. :lol:

Eating is over rated at Christmas mate - we are looking after you really :)

I would also like to raise a issue and hope it doesn't spiral into a argument but the last 2 years some of us 350z owners have been very disappointed with the layout of the stand. It seems that a lot of the Z club members must pitch tents there the night before as by the time I get there (which last year was fairly early) the whole front of the stand is filled with z club owners and all the 350's have to park at the back.

emm three photos from earlier in 2013 showing 350Zs at the front of the area in various sections

350zonshow_zps5be6f769.jpg

350zatfront_zpsb1c36dfc.jpg

350frontrow_zps6b0a297e.jpg

Can we try to do something to change this as its very disappointing for some of us having full show standard cars parked at the back of the stand under a damn tree. It may seem a little selfish and I will put my flame suit on after this post but I go mainly to show my car and represent the club.

IMHO every body who goes to show their car and represent which ever club they belong to be it a standard or highly modified car

What needs to be remembered is there is around 100 Zs there and 40 /45 of them have to be moved off the stand at different times of the day for the track sessions and these cars have to be moved and returned with the minimum amount of disruption to other owners on the stand

What would be a great help though is for people to offer to take a turn of some sort of marshalling especially in the first couple of hours of the Day

I would also like to raise a issue and hope it doesn't spiral into a argument but the last 2 years some of us 350z owners have been very disappointed with the layout of the stand. It seems that a lot of the Z club members must pitch tents there the night before as by the time I get there (which last year was fairly early) the whole front of the stand is filled with z club owners and all the 350's have to park at the back.

emm three photos from earlier in 2013 showing 350Zs at the front of the area in various sections

350zonshow_zps5be6f769.jpg

350zatfront_zpsb1c36dfc.jpg

350frontrow_zps6b0a297e.jpg

Can we try to do something to change this as its very disappointing for some of us having full show standard cars parked at the back of the stand under a damn tree. It may seem a little selfish and I will put my flame suit on after this post but I go mainly to show my car and represent the club.

IMHO every body who goes to show their car and represent which ever club they belong to be it a standard or highly modified car

What needs to be remembered is there is around 100 Zs there and 40 /45 of them have to be moved off the stand at different times of the day for the track sessions and these cars have to be moved and returned with the minimum amount of disruption to other owners on the stand

What would be a great help though is for people to offer to take a turn of some sort of marshalling especially in the first couple of hours of the Day

So what you are really saying is if you want to track your car you get a prime show position because it's easier to arrange. For thse who want to show their cars that seems a bit unfair to me for the sake of a little bit of forward planning. It can't be that difficult as you know who is tracking and who isn't at the time of booking. I've been to Japfest for at least the last years and been there early, never once has anyone approached me or others I have been with (as far as I know) to assist with ANYTHING.

As i stated i dont want to cause a argument just voicing my opinion based on the last few years. Organisation on the day is fine, everyone is informed to speak to Marco who sorts it all out and fitting all the cars in the spaces and this is done well. Those photos are slightly misleading as we have 2 areas allocated to us and Marco fills up the first area then the second. When i arrived last year the front of the first section was already filled with various cars from the z club and i was instructed to park under a tree at the back of this section, I express my dissatisfaction to Marco at the time but was met with little room for compromise. I shall not park under a tree this year as i was battling with blossom off the tree the whole show as my car remains open to the elements for most of the time. Imo it makes no sense to put cars that want track time at the front purely to make it easier to get them out as there are wooden pillars along the front of the first section and it makes it just as hard to wiggle the cars around to get them out. They are probably better parked to the right hand side where there is a easy way to get out through a gap in the posts.

I know it is hard for you to visualise the situation as it is a event that you have not been too for the last few years, all im asking is that Marco has a think about how to organise the stand as best to suit people from both clubs. We might not get the same areas this year so we will have to wait and see what happens.

If the following people still intend to come to Japfest 2014 could they make payment at their earliest convenience If they have now decided to drop out could they also let me know

HAMLNJ £21.84

Buster £56.00

IAN £21.84

A9H-RX £56.00

AmyZed £21.84

OV53 £90.17

kite350 £21.84

AUS10 £21.84

Arran £56.00

jumping350 £56.00

regards

Steve