Potential New Owner

Hi all

I've liked the 350z for a while and in finally in a position where I can own one. I've had a look at a few and read the buyers guides. The one car in keen on has got two issues:

The clutch is heavy and squeaks slightly - I can't find much information on that?

And it's got 20 inch wheels on which can't be good for ride quality, do the standard wheels come up for sale often?

Thanks

Mike

Welcome aboard Mike. As for the wheel question; there are a standard set of forged Rays alloys in the "For Sale" section now at around £500 with tyres which is a fair price. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77011-18-rays-forged-with-tyres-500/ Also seen some on eBay the other day as well so yes they do come up for sale fairly often. As for the clutch issue I have no idea why it's squeaking but a careful squirt of WD40 somewhere near a pivot point may sort that and the 350 does have a heavy clutch so I wouldn't worry about that. Good luck with your search and hope you get a nice Zed soon. ;)

Thanks for the welcome.

I had seen the wheels in the for sale section but wasn't sure if that was a reasonable price, ill have to try and sell the wheels that are on it if I do go for it.

And I've driven a few and the clutch on this was the heaviest, I think you might be right, with a bit of lubrication it should be alright.

Ill keep you posted,

Mike

Again thanks for the welcomes,

Ive put the deposit down on the car today so on Friday I will have my first Z. Im pleased with the deal, ive now got a 53 plate GT in silver.

And Mopedmark the tyres that are on at the moment are 255/30/20 on the front and 285/30/20 on the rear. Whats the general consensus when it comes to ride quality with 20 inch wheels?

Hi again, you will get loads of people slagging off 20s who have never driven with them,all I can say is that I have 20s on and the ride is a little bit more bumpy than standard Nissan 18 alloys.your 285 will be a nice fit to the rim, as I said before 35 profile will give you a better ride than 30 :thumbs:

Thanks again for the welcome.

I've picked the car up and love it, having all the torque makes it so easy to drive. I havnt pushed the car at all because I'm waiting for a dry road. No real problems, just the BOSE skipping as I expected and the passenger window not dropping to open the door, which was fixed by relocating the rubber.

I think I will change the wheels, down to the price of replacing the tyres.

There's loads of information on here so thanks to those who make it available.