Nasty RansomWare warning

M13KYF

A particularly nasty virus doing the rounds. It is called CryptoLocker and is a type of Ransomware.

Once on your computer it will start encrypting your files and any files it can find in network shares. It will then demand anywhere from $100 to $300 for the unlock code. If you do not pay up within 4 days the keys will be deleted and your files will be encrypted forever.

[Encryption is the process of scrambling information/data to be unreadable by a third party unless they have the proper decryption keys]

This virus is spread via email as an attachment usually purporting to be from UPS, FedEx or other companies saying there is an issue with your order.

IF YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF ANY ORDERS OR DELIVERIES, DO NOT DOWNLOAD AND OPEN THE ATTACHMENT.

Even if you believe the email is legitimate, you should not open an attachment unless the email itself has your correct details. Remember, any legitimate email from a company about an order will almost always have your proper name and order details in the email itself. If in any doubt, delete the email and contact the company yourself.

• Like 1

I get at least one a day in my Company inbox, if its not these scammers it's the

"give me your bank details scammers.", I then discover my long lost Cousin in Nigeria has

died and left me $1000 mill in cash, and can I reply straight away. Then some nice Russian

girl knowing I now have $1000 mill wants to marry me, by the time I have got through that lot

its time to go home..Cannot keep up with it all. :scare: :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill

I get at least one a day in my Company inbox, if its not these scammers it's the

"give me your bank details scammers.", I then discover my long lost Cousin in Nigeria has

died and left me $1000 mill in cash, and can I reply straight away. Then some nice Russian

girl knowing I now have $1000 mill wants to marry me, by the time I have got through that lot

:lol: Pictures of said Russian girl please so we can tell whether it's worth being scammed. :lol:
  • Like 1

:lol: Pictures of said Russian girl please so we can tell whether it's worth being scammed. :lol:

http://russiadatingonline.com/join/register01.php?12276

• Like 1

I get ones saying that my paypal transaction of £300 odd has been successful, obviously I haven't made a payment so they provide a very helpful link to log in and check the payment details, whilst inadvertently handing over your paypal details to them, they clean you out and have a jolly time with your money!

• Like 1