Zed written off :( wondering what it's worth

champy

My beloved zed got written off and I'm just wondering how accurate the insurers valuation is? They've quoted £6,300. This seems a little low to me as I payed £7,000 for it 3 months ago and that seemed like a bargain at the time as another zed dealer was trying to buy it to sell it on.

Details about the car:

54 plate gt spec

black leather and black paint

350z rays alloys

full service history

50,000 miles.

It was in absolute pristine condition as well.

Edited by champy

Take the 370 wheels off and sell them if you can - they will fetch a great price.

Unfortunately the zed is a costly car to run and maintain, depreciation will hit it hard and you will always lose money after your purchase, especially as we move closer to winter.

is that their first offer? when my civic was written off i was offered £1000 at first, which i got increased to £2000, and then to £2100. get on auto trader and find some comparable mileage and condition cars as evidence, and then when you ring the insurer back make sure you say its pristine, low mileage, FSH, etc etc. hopefully get a bit more out of them!

Take the 370 wheels off and sell them if you can - they will fetch a great price.

Unfortunately the zed is a costly car to run and maintain, depreciation will hit it hard and you will always lose money after your purchase, especially as we move closer to winter.

Thanks for the reply, the wheels are trashed unfortunately.

They generally just go on sites like Auto Trader and get an average. How bad is the damage? Worth buying it back and fixing it up?

Damage is pretty bad, every panel on both sides need replacing, all wheels need repairing/fixing and the underside is probably damaged, its making knocking noises.

is that their first offer? when my civic was written off i was offered £1000 at first, which i got increased to £2000, and then to £2100. get on auto trader and find some comparable mileage and condition cars as evidence, and then when you ring the insurer back make sure you say its pristine, low mileage, FSH, etc etc. hopefully get a bit more out of them!

Yeah it's their first offer, thanks, I'll try this.

'Was' pristine

• Like 1

Very low! Remember the Z's change price quite dramatically on colour.

Look for black ones only and send them over :)

I've just had a look now, they're all around the £9k mark, I only paid £7k for mine and only said the value was £7k when I insured it, do you think this makes a difference?

'Was' pristine

Haha yeah.

IMO £7k is about right plus a grand for the 370 Rays if they were declared on your insurance.

Did you write it off or is someone else at fault and who is your insurer?

What happened?

Well this is another post coming, the cruise control would not turn off and the brakes would not work, I was stuck at 65 on the motorway with only a few seconds until I hit a traffic jam, I had to sort of thread the car through the cars in the outside lane and the central reservation to avoid a serious collision, thankfully the impact with the central reservation slowed the car down. The insurance conducted a investigation but couldn't find a fault with the car so they say it's my fault. Has anyone else had or know of anything like this happening?

This is no slur on you or your driving bit it's not unheard of for people to have cruise on. See a situation, react quickly but because their feet were off the pedals they're accidently gone onto the clutch mistaking it for the brake and then ploughed into somwthing. Crashing is never a nice feeling but the main thing is you are ok.

I've just had a look now, they're all around the £9k mark, I only paid £7k for mine and only said the value was £7k when I insured it, do you think this makes a difference?

Doesn't make a difference mate. If you put 20k they aren't going to pay that out are they? ;)

Send over the adverts with similair age and mileage and see what they come back with :thumbs:

This is no slur on you or your driving bit it's not unheard of for people to have cruise on. See a situation, react quickly but because their feet were off the pedals they're accidently gone onto the clutch mistaking it for the brake and then ploughed into somwthing. Crashing is never a nice feeling but the main thing is you are ok.

No slur taken, I always keep my feet on the pedals when I have cruise control on anyway, but this thought did cross my mind when the brakes weren't working, so I looked at my feet to make sure I was actually pressing the brake pedal, and I was.

No, everyone was alright. :)

Doesn't make a difference mate. If you put 20k they aren't going to pay that out are they? ;)

Send over the adverts with similair age and mileage and see what they come back with :thumbs:

Ah thanks a lot, just emailed them now. :)

• Like 1

I think you could definitely push for a little more but it's really difficult to get top book '£7k' as you stated to your Insurance company especially without a agreed valuation or condition report pre-accident. I would push for another £200.00 though :thumbs: