Demon Plates - bespoke number plates

sipar69

I've shamelessly jumped on the bespoke number plate bandwagon after seeing 'G-Man's' on his Nismo. Got the front, rear, fitting kit and delivery for just under £40 from Demon Plates. Very happy with the quality and service from them. I think the plates add a nice subtle difference to the car (you can customise the emblem at the side, the surround, the text under the reg, and even have raised letters if you like) ;)

post-15237-0-56617700-1382019287_thumb.jpg

post-15237-0-86793000-1382019308_thumb.jpg

post-15237-0-34968900-1382019318_thumb.jpg

Can't remember exactly but plates that are made up should have the company that made them written on them and some standard letters/numbers

They do. It's in small writing at the bottom edge of each plate. You can just see it to the bottom right of my rear plate. They're a legit company - won't even send you the plate until provided the legally required proof of identification and association with the vehicle. :)

Ah yes, ruddy hell that is small!

True. Totally legible when you get close to it though. The only tedious bit of the whole thing for me was having to remove the residue from the pads that held the previous plates on. Pretty painless transaction and fitting overall though :)

Still illegal as the backing of the euro flag isn't blue.

https://www.gov.uk/d...and-identifiers

Well this has turned into a cheerful thread!

The plate is completely legal for use in the UK. The background colour of the euro flag would only be an issue if I intended to travel outside the UK with the car. I do not. It is not a legal requirement to have the euro flag on the car at all. I just didn't bother having it removed. In the unlikely event of it being an issue for a future owner, I will be keeping the original plates, which could easily be put back on.

The plate is completely legal for use in the UK. The background colour of the euro flag would only be an issue if I intended to travel outside the UK with the car. I do not. It is not a legal requirement to have the euro flag on the car at all. I just didn't bother having it removed. In the unlikely event of it being an issue for a future owner, I will be keeping the original plates, which could easily be put back on.

You're correct, it's not a legal requirement to have the euro flag on there at all, however if you do have it, it should conform to the rules specified.

Frankly I couldn't care less if you drove around without plates at all, but if you're going to post up on an internet forum for opinions, you have to take the rough with the smooth. I could have said the red border looks naff, or the writing at the bottom looks cheap and tacky, almost saxo esque, but I didn't, I merely pointed out the fact that the black background is illegal. I've pasted the very clearly worded bit below, just in case your clicky finger is too hurty.

Euro symbol

If you display the Euro symbol and Great Britain (GB) national identifier on your number plate, then you won’t need a separate GB sticker when travelling within the European Union.

The Euro symbol must:

• be a minimum height of 98mm
  • have a width between 40 and 50mm
  • have a reflective blue background with 12 reflecting yellow stars at the top
  • show the member state (GB) in reflecting white or yellow

All other motor related crimes better have been solved before the police worry spira's plates... I know they're still illegal, but the cops don't seem to bother with people driving whilst using their phone, without insurance etc. etc.

You're correct, it's not a legal requirement to have the euro flag on there at all, however if you do have it, it should conform to the rules specified.

Frankly I couldn't care less if you drove around without plates at all, but if you're going to post up on an internet forum for opinions, you have to take the rough with the smooth. I could have said the red border looks naff, or the writing at the bottom looks cheap and tacky, almost saxo esque, but I didn't, I merely pointed out the fact that the black background is illegal. I've pasted the very clearly worded bit below, just in case your clicky finger is too hurty.

Euro symbol

If you display the Euro symbol and Great Britain (GB) national identifier on your number plate, then you won’t need a separate GB sticker when travelling within the European Union.

The Euro symbol must:

• be a minimum height of 98mm
  • have a width between 40 and 50mm
  • have a reflective blue background with 12 reflecting yellow stars at the top
  • show the member state (GB) in reflecting white or yellow

I am aware of what the regulations say and I cannot see that it's an issue if I don't take the car abroad. If the plate is technically illegal then it's a risk I'm happy to take.

Nice little jibes about my plate you got in there. I typed quite a few replies with equally unpleasant remarks about your car, then I thought, nah, life's too short. This is usually a friendly forum and people are generally quite good natured even when they disagree about something. If it makes you feel good sniping at people like that - fill your boots.

• Like 1

My old plates on my previous two cars were almost identical to yours buddy, I traveled through Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands, used Portsmouth, Plymouth, Dover and Newcastle as points of exit and entry in the UK, Santander, St Malo, Amsterdam (Ijmuggen??), Boulogne sur Mere and Caen for exit and entry to Europe.

Have done Le Mans a few times, trips to Bordeaux to visit friends, probably covered close on 20k miles in Europe over the years, with nearly the EXACT same plates, not one second look by any police, border control, traffic cop, anyone in authority far less, "why you no got blue Euro thingy?"

I wouldn't worry about it mate they're perfectly legal, and the number plate police have, obviously all died and been resurrected on here!!

Nice plates buddy B)

My old plates on my previous two cars were almost identical to yours buddy, I traveled through Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands, used Portsmouth, Plymouth, Dover and Newcastle as points of exit and entry in the UK, Santander, St Malo, Amsterdam (Ijmuggen??), Boulogne sur Mere and Caen for exit and entry to Europe.

Have done Le Mans a few times, trips to Bordeaux to visit friends, probably covered close on 20k miles in Europe over the years, with nearly the EXACT same plates, not one second look by any police, border control, traffic cop, anyone in authority far less, "why you no got blue Euro thingy?"

I wouldn't worry about it mate they're perfectly legal, and the number plate police have, obviously all died and been resurrected on here!!

Nice plates buddy B)

Thanks mate. I totally got the idea off you. Hadn't even occurred to me before I saw your thread (I think that means you technically owe me £40) :lol:

Edited by sipar69

Nice plates buddy B)

Thanks mate. I totally got the idea off you. Hadn't even occurred to me before I saw your thread (I think that means you technically owe me £40) :lol:

Cheque in the post........not!! Enjoy, here's my old one,

c58356f2-31e5-4391-b6ff-371d691652ed_zpsb7430eb3.jpg

• Like 1