pa r ts for sale

apcarter

For Sale subforum  

28 members have voted

1. 1. for sale subforums

• individual ones Zed specific
    • leave as is but label your post Zed specific

I may be do putting this. But was trying to see if there was a selection justed for 370z parts for sale. Might be easyer to split a selection for sale stuff ie 350z parts for sale and 370z parts for sale. Would make it easier for people looking to buy parts for either car then. Justed a thought.

You really think we need another? Personally speaking, we have about 40 too many as it is, and even with the level of detail available people are still putting stuff in the wrong places.

For example, the FAQs forum contains very little FAQs at all. I just think that instead of having another two, three or four forums for people to put the wrong things in, they could self-moderate and title stuff properly. After all, it's in their best interests, is it not?

• 4 months later...

I know this has been voted on, and it looks dim, but.......

Great Idea.

These are two different cars, both with their own specific parts and have separate sub forum sections anyway.

Also, the fact that more and more 370Z owners are joining up is a key factor in this I feel.

Simply putting 350/370Z in the title isn't good enough, the key factor in this for me is that for every 370Z specific item that is posted about 50 350Z items are posted and often get lost down the board within a day.

I don't see the issue in having another sub forum to organise this better. After all, the sub forums/board index is there for that purpose anyway.

Universal items then yes, these should maybe stay in whatever section they are advertised in, so say if I want a gear knob and understand that these items are universal then I would also check the 350Z section.

I believe doing this would increase the functionality of the forum for the 370Z owners - like me.

2_92r.jpg

• Like 2

The amount of threads I move each day just proves that people don't bother to check where they are posting things.

Having 2 separate for sale areas is just going to mean the staff moving more threads.

And what would you propose we do with items which cross the gulf of the cars? Wheels, spacers, etc etc. Have another sub forum? That's 3.

It's overkill.

The amount of threads I move each day just proves that people don't bother to check where they are posting things.

Having 2 separate for sale areas is just going to mean the staff moving more threads.

I think you're wrong.

If I was selling a part for a 370Z I would post it in the 370Z For Sale section.

If someone was selling a part for the 350Z they would post it in the 350Z For Sale section.

The percentage of users getting that wrong would be minimal at best I feel.

I don't think you can class 'Jokes' and 'Green Room' style threads the same as For Sale threads.

what would you propose we do with items which cross the gulf of the cars? Wheels, spacers, etc etc. Have another sub forum? That's 3.

Universal items then yes, these should maybe stay in whatever section they are advertised in, so say if I want a gear knob and understand that these items are universal then I would also check the 350Z section.

I'm not referring to things we move to Jokes etc.

There are plenty of threads relating to 370's posted in the 350 forums and the reverse that we move.

I'll speak to Admin and see if we can think of something suitable.

Thank you.

This is coming from a user of the forum that has a 370Z and finds it hard to locate parts in the general for sale forum.

I'm just giving my opinion as a user.

As the 370Z becomes cheaper and more accessible, you can only assume that the user base on here (being the UK's no1 370Z forum & Club) will increase in the future. Maybe adjusting some sections to reflect this will be beneficial to the users.

• Like 1

Agree, separate sections for 350z-370z. Ekona doesn't matter, he drives a Papamobile or something :lol: :lol:

Still doesn't help with people mis-labelling things. Until the mass can be trusted to use the forums available to them properly, you're only making life more awkward by giving them choice.

In theory I have no issue with the idea, and in a perfect world it would help massively. The trouble is, people are stupid.

• Like 1

Agree, separate sections for 350z-370z. Ekona doesn't matter, he drives a Papamobile or something :lol: :lol:

Still doesn't help with people mis-labelling things. Until the mass can be trusted to use the forums available to them properly, you're only making life more awkward by giving them choice.

In theory I have no issue with the idea, and in a perfect world it would help massively. The trouble is, people are stupid.

We're not leaving in a perfect world, people make mistakes, but that's why we have moderators here, a full army of them. And if they're not enough, surely we can get some more: Will370z, Darren-B and many more.

But, clearly, we do need two separate subforums in the FS section. If it was up to me, I'd do it even more distinct like:

FOR SALE:

1. 370z PARTS

- exhaust and intake

- engine & gearbox - plenums, spark plugs, clutches etc

- audio & video - ICE, subwoofers, satnav, speakers, headunits etc

- body - bumpers, skirts,

- suspension - coilovers, camber arms, traction arms etc

- wheels and tyres

- power kits - turbo, supercharging, custom gauges, pods, fuel systems

- interior - seats, trims, dashboard

- cooling - radiators, intercoolers, meth injections etc

- brakes - discs, pads, BBK, lines etc

- miscellaneous - SMD's Jaaaag gloves, stickers etc

2. 350z PARTS

same as above

3. CARS

- 350z

- 370z

4. NON ZED RELATED ITEMS

For instance, new 370z owner, comes on the forum and wants to buy a 370z exhaust. A lot easier to search in the specific subforum, rather than browsing to hundreds of random for sale threads for both 350z and 370z

Edited by octet

We're not leaving in a perfect world, people make mistakes, but that's why we have moderators here, a full army of them. And if they're not enough, surely we can get some more: Will370z, Darren-B and many more.

But, clearly, we do need two separate subforums in the FS section. If it was up to me, I'd do it even more distinct like:

FOR SALE:

1. 370z PARTS

- exhaust and intake

- wheels and tyres

2. 350z PARTS

same as above

3. CARS

- 350z

- 370z

4. NON ZED RELATED ITEMS

For instance, new 370z owner, comes on the forum and wants to buy a 370z exhaust. A lot easier to search in the specific subforum, rather than browsing to hundreds of random for sale threads for both 350z and 370z

Just to be clear Adrian, you have no chance of getting all that.

We have enough subforums as it is. Adding more is just going to make the place even more cluttered.

• Like 1

FOR SALE:

1. 370z PARTS

- exhaust and intake

- wheels and tyres

2. 350z PARTS

same as above

3. CARS

- 350z

- 370z

4. NON ZED RELATED ITEMS

A la my350z.com. Would be nice, but the community is too small in the UK compared to the states for so many parts to fill them, plus can you imagine the work involved to move 2-3000 threads?

Just to be clear Adrian, you have no chance of getting all that.

We have enough subforums as it is. Adding more is just going to make the place even more cluttered.

The other forums have a much clearer FS sections which make it far easier for potential buyers to find what they are looking for

We're not leaving in a perfect world, people make mistakes

Oh the ironing is delicious :p

More sub-forums, more places for stupid people to mis-post threads. More work for mods, just to cater for stupidity. That's neither fair nor workable.