2010 Audi S6. Hmmmm

14N

OK, so a colleague of mine purchased a 10 plate Audi S6 a couple of weeks ago. Cost him £30k

Day one of ownership and the EML light came on. Called dealer (Audi) who came out to his home, plugged laptop in and said we'd have to take it away. Fast forward to today, he now has the car back (after over a week) with a new set of 6 coilpacks and has come to work in it.

Sooooo, a few of us 'petrol heads/car fanatics' were looking forward to going to have a look around it at lunchtime.

Now, if you're an Audi fan, have bought an S6 or would like one, I'd stop reading now. What follows is based on my own personal opinion.

Yes, it looked nice, in all it's whiteness, with the 20 inch rims, but was nothing special. It didn't make me go "wow". It is just another big 4 door Audi, that apart from some slight tweaks, looks like every other one.

So, we unlock it and start peering inside. Take a seat behind the wheel and things improve - the cabin is a very nice place to be. Now, lets look at the business end.

Figures are, on paper, impressive (and I'd sure he'd leave me for dust in my Zed) It's a 3 litre supercharhged V6 with 300+ bhp.

"Start her up then". Turns key....

(Thinks to myself - is THAT IT"???? Absolutely no sense of occasion or theatre, it may of well have been a 4 cylinder 1.8 petrol. So disappointed.

Has the Zed spoilt me? Mine was sold to me the moment I turned the key. When a Zed wakes up from it's slumber, even in standard form, you know 'something' has stirred.

I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting, but for a £30,000 performance car, man it was dull.

Oh and before I forget. On the front wings, it has chrome badges stating "V6 T" Surely it should be "V6 SC"? :shrug:.

So, we unlock it and start peering inside"

PMSL I so misread that, I thought that's not very nice peeing inside :lol:

Remember Audi should have some class to it's name, so it won't be a loud clap of thunder as you turn the key.

When you say "Theatre" I'm sure you'd change your opinion once you'd pressed the Theatrical pedal!

It's an old man power cruiser as the owner cannot own a coupe because of his kids, and so he convinces his wife that a big Audi with a quiet engine but loads of GO is the answer!

• Like 2

All very valid points mate. As I couldn't really share my disappointment with the Audi's owner, I just had to have a grumble on here :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure the 'theatrical' pedal would change my views. Still don't want one though.

Edited by 14N

So boring aren't they!

My mate has an 59 plate 3.2 V6 A5 and its so quiet, has no sense of occasion at all.

Its also been to the garage 6 times in 6 months and is now up for sale haha

Edited by 350Ad

My mates brand new s3 went into the garage 6 times with major electrical faults for weeks at a time they couldn't figure it out he got rid of it for a A4 I've lost count of the amount of times it's been in he's had hire cars for more time than the actual car they have had the engine apart still can't figure it out he's selling up. To sum up I'd never buy an Audi :-)

Remember that the 'S' class cars are meant to be their super luxurious and a bit quicker cars - not all out sports car (ala RS) but I do agree, the new turbo'd engines in the Audi's don't have anything on their old V8s

ps. 30k on a 3 year old car!? Deep pockets... could have bought a previous gen RS4, or even an e92 M3 for that money!

Edited by Mikesding

Yup burn with fire!

The back end is a disaster. I see them on the motorway and have to hold back the puke, you know the point when it's reached your mouth and there's nowhere to throw, so you just swallow it. That's how the A7 makes me feel.

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 1