water leak any ideas before i take it to the garage

khanshirus

Hi ..

ok last week when i left my house in the morning i noticed right infront of my drivers side wheel and under the front bumper (just the right side) a patch of water.. i put my hand under the bumper and i couldnt feel any drips but there was water.. no real smell or taste to it .. so not oil or coolant.

I moved the car back from the patch and went to work .. when i returned the patch was in the new place and the old place had dried up.

I havent driven for 4 days now and the patch is still there so there is water dripping from somewhere but not sure where .. levels in the fuild bottles look ok, i will check again tonight when i get home but wondered if there are any hoses on that side that might of split or anything like that?

Oh and I hardly ever use the aircon so I know its not from that.

anyway help or advice as always is appreciated

thanks

Mark

If it's just water then it's probably catching somewhere instead of draining when it's been raining. The only fluids in the car are brake and clutch fluid, oil, petrol, washer fluid and coolant, so there is nowhere to lose water from.

Put a bowl under where it's coming from to collect it, then you should be able to inspect which fluid it is or if it's rain water.

I had a leak from around that place, literally poured out when i tried topping my windscreen washer fluid up, turned out to be the hose running towards the healight washers

i reckon your right. going to stick a load of water in there tonight and check it tomorrow

• 2 months later...

So I don't start a new thread, if I take this wheel off how do i check the washer bottle pipes?

Issue I have is everytime I fill up the washer bottle it immediately drops halfway an I've not got any windscreen washers at all not even the noise of a motor trying

The washer bottle drinking water worried me

So I don't start a new thread, if I take this wheel off how do i check the washer bottle pipes?

Issue I have is everytime I fill up the washer bottle it immediately drops halfway an I've not got any windscreen washers at all not even the noise of a motor trying

The washer bottle drinking water worried me

I would take the front bumper and arch lining out. Then you will be able to access the bottle and lines

Not any longer no mate I've topped fluid up to the top.

But literally I'm holding the windscreen washer lever and there isn't a drop coming through but more noticeable is there is no motor noise like there is with the rear washers or windscreen washers, no noise at all just the wipers moving as they should

Not any longer no mate I've topped fluid up to the top.

But literally I'm holding the windscreen washer lever and there isn't a drop coming through but more noticeable is there is no motor noise like there is with the rear washers or windscreen washers, no noise at all just the wipers moving as they should

Check the fuse mate as it may be dead before doing anything else

I've looked for the fuse high and low and inside the battery area I can only see a fuse for headlight washers and not windscreen

I'm searching now but to no avail I have check the footwell fuse area too

I'm sure google will help :) it's the first thing id check to avoid taking body panels off

I've looked for the fuse high and low and inside the battery area I can only see a fuse for headlight washers and not windscreen

I'm searching now but to no avail I have check the footwell fuse area too

Take the arch liner out and check the connection on the washer motor, I had the same issue with my rear washer. The spade connector had corroded, cleaned it all up a put a drop of electrical grease on there. Now works a treat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Check fuse. (bust, replace. Ok, go to 2.)

2. Check for power and earth at pump. (Power / earth, go to 3. no power go to 6. no earth go to 5.)

3. Remove pump and test on a battery. (working go to 4. Not working, thats the problem.)

4. Check wiper switch. (working go to 6. not working, thats the problem.)

5. run a lead to earth, problem solved.

6. If everything else works you'r looking for a broken or frayed wire (enough strands to read 12 volts but not enough to hold the current the pump requests), look for obvious breaks where the wire passes through any bodywork, mind it might be broken inside the plastic seath and look ok so its plugs off and test a legnth at a time... At which point you just have to write off the rest of the day or forget it for a week...

Oh and if the Z is earth switched forget 5, just go to 6 cept its not 12 v your looking for, just continuity... Oh how I hate wiring... Hope this helps, cheers...

P.S... Ahm not an expert, just my input...

Edited by Jixaman