Road Tax Rant

K370Z2

My wallet is being emptied every year by having to pay the Car Tax.

Now the Zed a small car in size & small in weight compared to the majority of cars out there. Being mature in years i was always under the impression that we all paid car tax to enable our government to use that money to repair & make new roads. So how is it that the peashooter small engined cars pay less than i do to drive on the road. I already pay tax at the pump every time i fill up and presume that i am at the pump more than the smaller engined cars so why do i need to pay more in Road Tax as well? I do less than 5000 miles a year so i am certainly not using the roads as much as most people out there doing school runs everyday etc. Rant :angry:

If it makes you feel better my supercharged 4.0 litre v8 is only £220 a year in road tax. Advantages of buying pre 2001. And secondly road tax no longer gets spent on the roads, and is now known as the road fund licence. Its nothing more than a luxuries tax.

If it makes you feel better my supercharged 4.0 litre v8 is only £220 a year in road tax. Advantages of buying pre 2001. And secondly road tax no longer gets spent on the roads, and is now known as the road fund licence. Its nothing more than a luxuries tax.

+1

But I do agree with your point. I do about 4k max a year which equals X amount of emissions, in the zed and pay near on £300 for the privilege. Whereas someone in a smaller engined car doing 3-4 times more mileage than I, which then emits more crap into the atmosphere, pays half of what I do.

In my opinion, since the road fund licence is based on emissions, it should be scrapped and included in the price of fuel.

It's "vehicle excise duty" ved and goes into a big pot some of which may pay for road upkeep/NHS/ etc etc

Size and weight of the car has nothing to do with it but the engine does..... This last point I have a real gripe with, make it payable at the pump and leave it be. In fact in effect we do that anyway.

Well we are already being hammered at the pump every time we fill up, I fill up and get 22mpg but only do max of 5k per year. Where as Mrs Miggins (made up name) fills up her Micra (eg purposes only) then hammers round and does double or treble the milage on our roads, whilst the Zed is heavier than the micra - the Zed ain't wearing out the road as much. Any was a rant for the fairness of mankind :lol:

My wallet is being emptied every year by having to pay the Car Tax.

Now the Zed a small car in size & small in weight compared to the majority of cars out there. Being mature in years i was always under the impression that we all paid car tax to enable our government to use that money to repair & make new roads. So how is it that the peashooter small engined cars pay less than i do to drive on the road. I already pay tax at the pump every time i fill up and presume that i am at the pump more than the smaller engined cars so why do i need to pay more in Road Tax as well? I do less than 5000 miles a year so i am certainly not using the roads as much as most people out there doing school runs everyday etc. Rant :angry:

You have to pay alot cos its a ZED nuff said :lol:

Im just off to the post office to pay my £490 for the following year.. im so happy that if the lady behind the counter comments on how much I have to pay for my road tax, im going to smash her in the face.... Wish me look. (Oh by the way, I may not be on the forum for some time, I think my local prison is in Liverpool. Visits would be most welcome).

• Like 1

Try €1806 per year here in Ireland for a Z! :wacko: If its not a eco friendly Leaf or hybrid then you pay the silly tax

What sort of tax would you pay for a run of the mill 1600?

It's €544 for a 1600 cc!

We also have Vehicle Registration Tax so if i want to import a shiny secondhand Z from the UK i have to pay 33% tax and the revenue decide the final figure, on the day I import it!! If they spot you driving about in a UK reg car here and they know you are a resident they will impound it and if you don't pay the tax within 2 weeks the car gets crushed.

:scare: 1806 Eu :scare: ros :scare: i retract my Rant :angry: who thinks of these prices. That is ridiculous, No wonder Ireland produces do many good TT racers - its probably the only way to afford to go fast.

€88 quid for a bike up to 9999cc!! I used to be a biker for 6 years until i got mashed head on @ 70 mph by an 18 year old in a car who was driving for 3 days. :surrender:

33%? :scare: I knew there was an import tax but I didn't realise it was this much! I sold my Ducati 749 to a guy in the south last year for £3200. He had to have it and paid a deposit without seeing it. I assumed it was massively cheap because of the exchange rate, but once he added on the other £1000 it wasn't cheap at all!

Unlucky Barry350Z i got 30 years before i got wiped out by an old man in a rush for a game of golf :scare: At least i saved 3 years road tax on my Zed whilst i was in hospital recovering :lol: not funny really :rant: i had a fazer 1000 with loads of mods - £112 a year for fully comp insurance. I only used it 4 months of the year but like you i still paid more road tax than the pea shooter cars pay.

I really have no objections to having to pay more at the pump cause my Zed gets less MPG but im driving on the same road :rant::angry: eeeee i am off again ..

Im just off to the post office to pay my £490 for the following year.. im so happy that if the lady behind the counter comments on how much I have to pay for my road tax, im going to smash her in the face.... Wish me look. (Oh by the way, I may not be on the forum for some time, I think my local prison is in Liverpool. Visits would be most welcome).

Ha ha love it jonny the mod - ill visit ya or ill share a cell - No soap jokes required

• Like 1

Gets more ridiculous every month too. Thankfully, I only have the one car that is post 2001, the other 3 are pre-2001. The amount of tax we pay in this country in general is ridiculous. I drive 4 large engined petrol cars, I smoke, I drink, I have children (pay for school dinners for the young one and everything for the 18 year old layabout one) and I live in a big house to make sure I have enough room for the cars, kids and the dog. In other words, I pay more tax than most millionaires and I'm not one! Do I get ANYTHING back for it? Nope. Not even decent pot-hole-free roads to drive on.