really?!!?

kbeast35

Whilst I'm with you all on it being too much, be careful just how much you guys point it out. Having owned both new and old cars and been in the 'scene' a while, it's amazing how when the car is only a few years old (350z/370z), the owners have threads like this, where the car is advertised for far too much and the owner is crazy, but before long, the car gets that little bit older and suddenly the price plummets like a rock in a river and the threads change to 'OMG surely our cars are worth more than this'. Every car goes through this stage and every car ends up worth next to nothing (Well, unless it's a ferrari or a Lambo etc.) and eventually they pick back up again and begin to appreciate when there are next to no cars left. All I'm saying is, don't 'encourage' that depreciation of the car so quickly, maybe try to encourage people to be paying a bit more for the clean examples? All it takes is for a few people to price their cars like this and a few people to then buy them at that price and it actually makes a difference. Just the same as wages really, if you stand your ground and refuse to work for less, yes you'll miss out on some jobs, but the more people who do it, the louder the message is sent to employers that they can't just pay peanuts and get good workers.

See this car regularly and it is in mint condition. He has been a member here. All parts are genuine and not replica from what I remember him saying in the past

The front end isn't a genuine Nismo V1 and I'm pretty sure the rear is a RTP replica. I'm sure I seen a thread a while back about him getting the vents smoothed, and if the rear is a replica, then I'm also pretty sure the the Amuse skirts will be too.

I think what this guy has done is added up how much he spent on the car, valued it as standard with the low miles and added the 2 together. If it sells at anything close to this, i'll eat my gear knob.

• Like 1

Whilst I'm with you all on it being too much, be careful just how much you guys point it out. Having owned both new and old cars and been in the 'scene' a while, it's amazing how when the car is only a few years old (350z/370z), the owners have threads like this, where the car is advertised for far too much and the owner is crazy, but before long, the car gets that little bit older and suddenly the price plummets like a rock in a river and the threads change to 'OMG surely our cars are worth more than this'. Every car goes through this stage and every car ends up worth next to nothing (Well, unless it's a ferrari or a Lambo etc.) and eventually they pick back up again and begin to appreciate when there are next to no cars left. All I'm saying is, don't 'encourage' that depreciation of the car so quickly, maybe try to encourage people to be paying a bit more for the clean examples? All it takes is for a few people to price their cars like this and a few people to then buy them at that price and it actually makes a difference. Just the same as wages really, if you stand your ground and refuse to work for less, yes you'll miss out on some jobs, but the more people who do it, the louder the message is sent to employers that they can't just pay peanuts and get good workers.

Thast right peeps, everybody list thier zeds for 15k-20k contact everyone on ebay, tell them to do the same.

I agree with you on the most part, however, holding out for top money and asking 2 x + what the car is worth are very very different things :)

I have just come from Rx7's and had the misfortune of the above happening, in the end, most people realised their cars were worth more in bits than as a whole, importers are even bringing high spec cars from Japan into this country just to break for parts.

There is a certain demographic of people that aids the de valuation of a car, so i have my peepers out, soon as i see them moving to 350's, i will be out of here ;)

See this car regularly and it is in mint condition. He has been a member here. All parts are genuine and not replica from what I remember him saying in the past

The front end isn't a genuine Nismo V1 and I'm pretty sure the rear is a RTP replica. I'm sure I seen a thread a while back about him getting the vents smoothed, and if the rear is a replica, then I'm also pretty sure the the Amuse skirts will be too.

I think what this guy has done is added up how much he spent on the car, valued it as standard with the low miles and added the 2 together. If it sells at anything close to this, i'll eat my gear knob.

thought he had a smoothed amuse front bumper from what i remember. I remember also him selling chargespeed kit when he first joined. We suspended him as he didnt have enough posts but he still kept posting.

just done some digging.

HIs spec was

Hi guys thanks alot for props about my car, alot of time and money invested over the last 7 months.

As requested here are some specs about the z:

Front Bumper: Aerosync Poly

Skirts: Amuse

Rear: Chargespeed type-1 + carbon diffuser (with the vents filled)

Boot: Badges smoothed and rear wiper removed

Stance:

KW3 Coils - As 'clarkie34' mentioned had the rear maxed out with the coil locators removed and the front was another 35mm lower than it is now. Only problem as a daily driver can across to many hazards on the road and total smashed a brand new nismo exhaust system to peices in 6 weeks. So raised it about 30mm all round.

Rims:

Volk GTS Titanium Silver

Front: 9.5" +14(i think) 107mm lip - 5mm eibach spacer - 235/35/19

Rear: 10.5" +18(again I think) 125mm lip - 10mm eibach spacer - 255/35/19

Performance:

Full Nismo exhaust system - Kenetic resonated de-cats

Jim Wolf Pop Charger

Thast right peeps, everybody list thier zeds for 15k-20k contact everyone on ebay, tell them to do the same.

That attitude is exactly the problem. There's no need to contact anyone, you just do it. As Jetpilot says, it's a bit different holding out for top money than advertising at twice the price, but the simple fact is, threads like this will discourage owners from selling at high prices, because they fear the wrath of the forum. Happens time and time again on every car, so disagree with me all you like, the facts are in the history.

I agree with you on the most part, however, holding out for top money and asking 2 x + what the car is worth are very very different things :)

I have just come from Rx7's and had the misfortune of the above happening, in the end, most people realised their cars were worth more in bits than as a whole, importers are even bringing high spec cars from Japan into this country just to break for parts.

There is a certain demographic of people that aids the de valuation of a car, so i have my peepers out, soon as i see them moving to 350's, i will be out of here ;)

I agree, doubling the price is stupid, my point wasn't that he's selling for the right price, but that this thread doesn't help with the devaluation of the 350s, as it will discourage others from selling at high prices, in fear of the same type of threads popping up about them and their cars. Think of it this way, second hand car dealers offer cars at roughly £1000 above their book price and buy them for £1000 less, yet in a private sale, where you're not dealing with a slimey salesman and you actually get to meet the previous owner of the car, we all seem to sell them cheaper. Now if you need to get rid of the car, that's fair enough, but if you just fancy something new and can hold out for more money, you should.

Your comments about breaking are dead on, in the last few years numerous people have broken 300zxs for parts, including myself. Darren-B on here has just started putting his 350z back to standard, so that he can get the money it should bring and sold his parts separately, that's economically viable now, but in a few years time it won't be. For example, 10 years ago, my wife managed to sell her modified Celica for £7,500, when the car was worth £3,500, she had bought it for £3,000 and spent £12,500 modifying it. In reality that wasn't a bad return at the time, but if we had that same celica today, we'd be lucky to get £3000 for it, even with it in mint condition, heavily modified, etc. If we stripped out the parts and then sold the car standard, we'd get something like £1000 for it, even if it was mint and bog standard! There comes a point where a modified version of a sports car, is actually worth more than a standard one, then eventually it reverses again and the standard version is a classic, the modified version has to be to the persons taste, etc.

All I was saying, was that threads like this are only going to discourage people from holding out for high prices, which further encourages the depreciation of the marque. It happens with every car, I've seen it loads of times and whilst everyone will tell you it's a 'buyers market' it isn't, it's a market to sell your car for the money you want. If you have a high calibre example of the car, modified or not, then someone, somewhere, will pay your price, if you can wait for it, on the other hand, you could just accept the loss, flog it quickly and not care.

• Like 1

thought he had a smoothed amuse front bumper from what i remember. I remember also him selling chargespeed kit when he first joined. We suspended him as he didnt have enough posts but he still kept posting.

I may well be thinking of someone different, or he might have changed the front end after smashing it to pieces running so low? Either way, if it's genuine or not, it's still not worth that dough.

I wouldnt blame him for not coming. If he wants to sell it at whatever price he chooses, that's his prerogative. If he does sell at that price then good on him. If he has to drop then so be it but nothing wrong in trying.

I dont agree with sending a link via ebay to this thread . Poor choice IMO

I wouldnt blame him for not coming. If he wants to sell it at whatever price he chooses, that's his prerogative. If he does sell at that price then good on him. If he has to drop then so be it but nothing wrong in trying.

I dont agree with sending a link via ebay to this thread . Poor choice IMO

I can see the point here, however if i was the seller i would like to be notified. Can be seen in 2 different ways. If i was the seller id welcome the critiscm and help on selling the car.

it was never my intention to devalue the price of a used z, only to highlight that there are people out there who for whatever reason seem to be asking way too much for them as most on this thread have agreed :surrender:

if i can get double what i paid for mine in a few years then happy days