Santa says, "GT-R or Evora S?"...

chubbster

Neither, however that's not what you asked.

Both are quite ugly cars from the B pillar back and have awful interiors, but only one of them has suspension that is to die for and feedback that is extraordinary. As such, I'd have the Lotus. If outright pace is your thrill then the GT-R is the obvious winner, however if you enjoy a more satisfying driving experience then the Evora/S is better by far.

The Evora is the only car I've driven that made me think the suspension in my 911 is utter garbage. It's not, but the Evora is that good.

• Like 2

........ in my 911 is utter garbage.

What 911 do you have man ??

Don't be quoting me selectively, you cheeky boy! :p:lol:

I meant that the Evora suspension is light years ahead of my C2S, even though the 911 PASM suspension is already very, very good.

........ in my 911 is utter garbage.

What 911 do you have man ??

Don't be quoting me selectively, you cheeky boy! :p:lol:

I meant that the Evora suspension is light years ahead of my C2S, even though the 911 PASM suspension is already very, very good.

Ha, Ha, I didn't realise I'd quoted it like that, I just shortened it up a bit !!! :lol::lol:

I did genuinely want to know what 911 you had though :) .

My mate has a '61 plate Boxster Spyder and it's a seriously great car, we had it around Spa in the summer and I was well impressed. Seemed like a perfect balance of power, drivetrain, grip and weight - I was very impressed B) .

I like both and am hoping (with some careful saving) to be making that kind of choice in a few years. Don't really agree with Ekona in that I think the Evora looks good from any angle, but i do agree that the interior is pretty lacklustre. Love the GTR but i sometimes wonder if they aren't simply too big for our roads. I would really struggle to decide right now, but the fact that the Evora has the option of a manual transmission might just do it for me :)

GTR if out that pair but if I had £50K... I'd be looking at an Aston DB9/Vantage or a GranTurismo Maser. ....you could look at a Porsche of some kind..."could".... lol ;):lol: Go on, be a man... Get an Aston!

Depends on what you're after for mileage and age wise. An Aston would sound brilliant and look great...

http://www.autotrade...717ts?logcode=p

But a GTR will probably net you a newer car with miles better reliability. ..

http://www.autotrade...age/1?logcode=p

Evora's are nice, BUT... and I can shove personal experience into the equation (as I had to sit for hours in a Lotus dealership waiting on my Zed finance lol).... there very cheap inside. I sat and spent a good bit of time in many of them. It does NOT feel like a £50K+ car in that respect. Cheap materials...I kept wondering if a child had made the gear knob. Theres light and theres...could do better.. I wouldn't get an Evora....but..I don't have £50,000....mind you...haha :lol:;)

Good luck whatever you go for (if this is based on reality lol)...and get pics up! :thumbs:

Edited by AMT

Both are quite ugly cars from the B pillar back and have awful interiors, but only one of them has suspension that is to die for and feedback that is extraordinary. As such, I'd have the Lotus. If outright pace is your thrill then the GT-R is the obvious winner, however if you enjoy a more satisfying driving experience then the Evora/S is better by far.

The Evora is the only car I've driven that made me think the suspension in my 911 is utter garbage. It's not, but the Evora is that good.

For 50k I'd go second hand. I'm really lusting after nicely modded nsx's atm.

GTR if out that pair but if I had £50K... I'd be looking at an Aston DB9/Vantage or a GranTurismo Maser. ....you could look at a Porsche of some kind..."could".... lol ;):lol: Go on, be a man... Get an Aston!

Depends on what you're after for mileage and age wise. An Aston would sound brilliant and look great...

http://www.autotrade...717ts?logcode=p

But a GTR will probably net you a newer car with miles better reliability. ..

http://www.autotrade...age/1?logcode=p

Evora's are nice, BUT... and I can shove personal experience into the equation (as I had to sit for hours in a Lotus dealership waiting on my Zed finance lol).... there very cheap inside. I sat and spent a good bit of time in many of them. It does NOT feel like a £50K+ car in that respect. Cheap materials...I kept wondering if a child had made the gear knob. Theres light and theres...could do better.. I wouldn't get an Evora....but..I don't have £50,000....mind you...haha :lol:;)

Good luck whatever you go for (if this is based on reality lol)...and get pics up! :thumbs:

I'd be interested to know when you sat in the Evora. I think the post 2011 S model is supposed to have an improved interior.

Nice objective analysis :yawn:

So what would like me to have said? And what did you disagree with exactly? What did you think of the cars when you drove them?

:rule:

Anyone reading you would think you are the Chris Harris of the 350 Zed forum. Are you?

Surely the beauty of a car is in the eye of the beholder. Yours is only one tiny opinion.

I've not driven the Evora or a 911 so will have to take your word on the handling.

Does the Evora or the 911 have 4 seats and a large boot? :yawn:

So you disagree with me about the cars, yet haven't driven 2/3rds of the ones I mention. Man, I wish I could do car reviews from the comfort of my couch, would make life so much easier.

I appreciate the comparison between myself and Harris though, thanks. I do like his style of writing, and I guess that probably shows in my own at times. I enjoy writing about cars, and occasionally I get some positive comments on those pieces from others on here about them, but you can't please everyone.

Everyone else has given their opinion on the cars, like I did, and yet you didn't feel the need to criticise them. If you could point me to the part of my post where I say that everyone else is wrong and that my opinion is the only one that matters, that would be great.

Both the Evora and the 911 are 2+2s, just like the GTR. The seats in the GTR are slightly more useful than the other two, but then I wouldn't be the person sitting in the back in any of them so I didn't really feel that was a pertinent point to pick up on. I guess if the OP had asked "Which car would you choose out of the Evora S and the GTR, and seat space in the rear is the priority?", then I'd have given a different answer. The boot space of the GTR is approx 250L, the Evora 160L, and the 911 135L. Again, I didn't realise that practicality was an important consideration for the OP, else I'd have put the GTR ahead. As it stands, and if it was my £50K, I'd pick the Evora S as it would suit me better. Both cars are stunning in their own right, and both have some glaring issues that has stopped me buying one, but I would pick the Lotus. I'm sorry that offends you so much.

Now, let's see your objective comparison between the two cars mentioned before you carry on criticising mine, shall we? :D

Personally I'd probably buy an F355, 456 or 348 GTB and have just enough left for a cheeky late 80's Carrera. Or I'd go for a Jalpa and again get a decent late 80's 911.

If there weren't any decent 911's around after I bought the Ferrari / Lamborghini if just blow the rest of the cash on cravats, argyle sweaters and champagne :lol:

It was last year sipar! :thumbs: Some of the materials were ok, but when you touched some of the control surfaces, buttons, gearstick etc it just didn't feel like a quality product. My friend and I did find it amusing we could sit in the elise shoulder up against one door and reach the other one haha. Also sat in the Ferrari 612 they had in, was in terrible nick...and who does buy a car with minty blue leather...EVERYWHERE....horrid lol. The Evoras still look the business though!

Having followed both cars and watched their progress over Surrey's pitted and rutted roads I would go for the Evora as I have no desire for back or dental surgery ;) but maybe it's a different on the inside? I haven't set foot in either of them.