Best tyres

SamCrowe

I've just fitted Falken 453's (asymmetrical) on the rear - £146 each, from Oponeo. Much quieter than I expected and a totally different tread pattern to my previous 452's, which are directional. They seem ok (only had them on for 100 miles).

The one thing I like about Falkens is that they last. I tend to get over 20k miles out of them (up to 25k on the fronts).

I use Toyo T1 Sports all round and I'm really happy with them, they grip very will in the dry and wet and I find it difficult to break traction with them. They are faster wearing than the MPSS due to them having a softer compound but they also have softer side walls which helps with handling. They suit me fine for fast road use, I'll be tracking them in November so will see how they hold up then. They are normally around £140-£150 a corner but I recently bought some new rears from Pneus Online for £120 a corner!

I use Toyo T1 Sports all round and I'm really happy with them, they grip very will in the dry and wet and I find it difficult to break traction with them. They are faster wearing than the MPSS due to them having a softer compound but they also have softer side walls which helps with handling. They suit me fine for fast road use, I'll be tracking them in November so will see how they hold up then. They are normally around £140-£150 a corner but I recently bought some new rears from Pneus Online for £120 a corner!

I used to love my Toyo Proxes T1R - but they stopped making them. They did not last long on track though! Some folk complained about their 'softer' side walls but I found them spot on :thumbs:

vredestein ultrac sessanta

Cool looking tyre.

Dropping to 40 profile rather than 45 I got full set fitted for £465

You might want to check witht the guys on here whether the profile drop will effect TCS, seems to be a common problem with non-oem size tyres but I personally don't know the limits that will cause TCS issues.