Wax on, wax off!

Steel Lynx

Managed to get my car washed and dried and almost got to waxing it before it started spitting with rain (yes, it was my fault it started raining this afternoon) Then I got to thinking. What's that wet wax stuff like? So I took myself over to Halfords to get some Meguiars stuff (I'm a bit of a Meguairs fan boy) only to discover they sell two different sorts...... Premium wet wax and ultimate.

Anyone used either? or are wet waxes not worth the bottles they're put in?

Just after a bit of information from peeps that might have used them :)

I have found the few aqua waxes I have used take nearly as long to use as "proper" wax and don't give the same quality finish or protection. I understand your frustration with the rain, however you really still need it to be dry to remove any wax. The only advantage of the aqua is you can apply wet.

They're better than nothing by a long way, and they are very easy to work with. However, as Ewan says they're not particularly durable and the quality of the finish will never match a solid wax, but then they're much cheaper so a good option if on a really really tight budget (if you were on a budget that tight though, you probably wouldn't be driving a Zed!).

Each to their own, they have their place but I would personally never use them.

I really like the Megs spray waxes. As mentioned already, they aren't as durable as a hard wax. I usually use as a top up between waxes or when I can't be arsed doing the full job... which is most times as detailing/washing stops being fun once the jet washing has finished! :)

I'm guessing the Meguiars tech wax 2.0 stuff I currently use is a bit in between the wet wax and hard wax then since it's also in a bottle? Will have to look in to hard wax now!

Autoglym HD wax is a good wax. Quite expensive but lasts a long time. Dodo juice is also nice but you'll probably have to source it online.