Yesterday I collected a post...

Macky

Yep I collected a 2.4m washing line post in the 350.

Due to the fact that it was so long, I had to drive home (12 miles) with the boot open....

avery8eq.jpg

And this has finally made me realise why people buy roadsters...the sound!!! Oh my god the sound! :teeth:

It was just awesome! The exhaust was making noises I'd never heard it make before and they were coming from right behind my head!

Needless to say it was quite a heavy footed drive home and the mrs wasn't impressed, especially as I made her hold my pole for the entire journey :lol:

• Like 1

The problem with some roadsters is when they were meant to be coupes and to get to the roadster they simply cut the top off. It mostly looks a bit odd.

If the manufacturers didn't have to think about keeping a boot I reckon the problem wouldn't be so bad. Take the 350 for example, the soft top has to be shorter than the tin top so that theres room for a boot and somewhere to store the hood, if the softtop followed the coupes lines/length it would look better. Having said that I reckon the roadster with the roof down looks better than the coupe so it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other in my book.

coldel, on 19 September 2013 - 13:08, said:

The problem with some roadsters is when they were meant to be coupes and to get to the roadster they simply cut the top off. It mostly looks a bit odd.

I was under the impression that the roadster was designed as a roadster, not a chopped coupe!!

coldel, on 19 September 2013 - 13:08, said:

I was under the impression that the roadster was designed as a roadster, not a chopped coupe!!

I'm not too sure, there was a 2 year gap between the introduction of the coupe and the roadster (350Z) I can't think of another roadster that came that long after the coupe.

Pete

Summary

Parkers Rating:

4.5 out of 5

Test%20drive%20latest%20model%20(Size%20A%20-%20Green).png ...or%20request%20its%20brochure%20(Size%20A%20-%20Green).png

The convertible version of the 350Z - known as the Roadster - retains the rewarding driving characteristics of the coupe model along with the same punchy engine, but features an electrically-folding fabric roof which retracts in just 20 seconds. The model was actually developed to be a convertible as well as a coupe from the start and as a result it drives just as well with virtually no body shake, even over rough roads. Like the coupe it is also great value for money while changes in 2006 included more engine power and improved interior quality. It was upgraded again in 2007 with an extensively modified engine identified by a bulging bonnet.

From Parkers price guide review.

Parkers Ratings

The convertible version of the 350Z - known as the Roadster - retains the rewarding driving characteristics of the coupe model along with the same punchy engine, but features an electrically-folding fabric roof which retracts in just 20 seconds. The model was actually developed to be a convertible as well as a coupe from the start and as a result it drives just as well with virtually no body shake, even over rough roads. Like the coupe it is also great value for money while changes in 2006 included more engine power and improved interior quality. It was upgraded again in 2007 with an extensively modified engine identified by a bulging bonnet.

Parkers Ratings

Sorry s**te copy and pasting :p