Top Secret style diffuser.

KyleR

I'm sure many of you know what this diffuser looks like, and if you don't, it's awesome :D

I've been talking to RT Performance about this and if everything goes to plan, there should be a group buy available for this in fibre glass, which will be less than half the price of the current replica carbon fiber ones available from Shine, Mastergrade etc.

This is more of a feeler than anything else to see if it's possible, and if the numbers are there, then we can go ahead and take it to the next level.

Here is a link to the diffuser for those who don't know what it is. It's very rare over here and I'm only aware of maybe 3 or 4 in the UK. Genuine Top Secret ones are still around, but are like hens teeth and retail at around $1400 plus shipping at around $400 then add taxes and customs. Quality copies like this one are around $550 - $800 plus $400 shipping and tax and customs after that.

http://www.drivelinestore.com/mastergrade_carbon_fiber_/carbon_fiber_rear_diffusers/mas03350zrts/i-495445.aspx

RT says he can do them in FRP for £290 + P&P which is a frigging bargain, and maybe further down the line if the interest is there, reprodice them in Carbon too :D But we need 5+ names to get the ball rolling. The more the merrier. Stick your name on the list if you'd be interested :thumbs:

Kyle

Already been on this project for the past few months, Just going for final testing and pictures this weekend then they will be on sale

I have an original CF for sale, and the slight twist will be that I am having vortex generators (the side bits) made in Carbon Fibre if people want that option...

I was trying to keep this " Top Secret " pardon the punn but nevermind :lol:

939543FB-B984-4ED3-AC18-32B34820CCD9-8456-000005EEFA6D18AE_zpsf8122725.jpg?t=1379402417

• Like 1

I intend to use the same re-enforced fibreglass we use for our front race splitter which unless you hit head on to a kirb or wall it won't get destroyed. However I think if anything was to be crashed like that it will be in bits even if it was made of carbon.

The reason why I intend to make them in fibreglass is just to kick start this production.

Its quicker and cheaper for me to make fibreglass items and then make carbon ones at a later date.

With this group buy it'll be at a very attractive price of £290 +PP.

We can always look into the carbon ones later on.

• Like 3

PU is not ideal for this kind of application.

Its only good for small parts or lips and skirts.

If you've ever seen or worked with a PU bumper, you'll be quick to understand why it's a bad idea.

PU is simply not rigid enough for Aero use. Its heavy in density compared to a composite of the same thickness and it'll flop, warp and drag under pressure so if you use it as a wide flat diffuser, it'll just be shaven across the motorway.

There are lots of good pictures of this diffuser on the internet if you search TS 350Z diffuser. Here's one of the origionals.

1510.jpg

Edited by RT-Performance

heres the one Tarmac sportz now produces.

fitted this at the weekend and love it

tsdeffuser044_zps4a70430d.jpg

tsdeffuser037_zpse47524be.jpg

tsdeffuser032_zps4c015072.jpg

tsdeffuser031_zps0b232d4c.jpg............................................................. :pmtarmac:NOW he also does the side deffuser/skirts

Edited by buster
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...