My New German Rims

Dave-350

So, I went down the route of the German Rims for the Zed.

We have a set of Borbet Style 95's stypically seen on the 7 Series BMW.

These are 9j Front and 10j rear.

235/35/19 ET+4 Front

255/35/19 ET-1 Rear

When I got the wheels, they needed a refurb.

I shot blasted them, then added a coating of Zinc Based Powder coat, then they had another coat of Powder Coating which is used as a base coat to rub down and prep for paint.

They were then painted in the same Carbon Black my OEM rims were... Here is the results... They are GORGEOUS!

IMG_0686_zpsf0fe058f.jpg

IMG_0687_zps4d5e9887.jpg

IMG_0750_zps041e4254.jpg

IMG_0751_zpsd85e01d1.jpg

IMG_0752_zps3cb806d5.jpg

IMG_0753_zpsc266b810.jpg

IMG_0756_zpscc3267f7.jpg

• Like 1

B)

rears may be illegal though so what out for the feds

The last picture they dont look ilegal, but the one from over the rear quarter they are 100% ilegal. Was the one over the rear quarter with the stretched tyres ?

Stretch them more or get a wide arch body kit or just dingy it :lol: either way they look pretty sweet :thumbs:

B)

rears may be illegal though so what out for the feds

The last picture they dont look illegal, but the one from over the rear quarter they are 100% ilegal. Was the one over the rear quarter with the stretched tyres ?

Stretch them more or get a wide arch body kit or just dingy it :lol: either way they look pretty sweet :thumbs:

The picture over the rear was when it was jacked up lol. They sit lovely and I don't think they are a problem, the Tyre stretch isn't too much and its bang on! :)

Thanks guys, I think they look epic!

Look really good. You got any centre cap options, or you happy with the BMW logo?

I actually replaced them with new BMW emblems, I knew it would raise mixed opinions, probably why I did it :)

I didn't say anything negative, was just enquiring :)

Yea I know, I didn't mean it aimed at you, I was just anticipating that someone out there wouldn't like the BMW logos :) Like my Mrs, she dislikes them lol.

7 series wheel look awesome on the zed, but personally it annoys me when people put other more "prestigious" centre caps on. It's pretty big in the VAG scene to use Bentley wheels and leave the cap on. Boils my blood :lol:

But each to their own and if you're happy, we're happy (mostly) :p

7 series wheel look awesome on the zed, but personally it annoys me when people put other more "prestigious" centre caps on. It's pretty big in the VAG scene to use Bentley wheels and leave the cap on. Boils my blood :lol:

But Bentley are part of VAG ........ and if they are Bentley wheels why not? Its hardly putting a GTR badge on a 350Z or an M bade on a 316i :lol:

• Like 1

They suit the Zed nicely apart from being too wide, over stretched and having BMW centre caps :yuck: well done for being different at least :thumbs:

Cheers Dave!

The rears aren't that stretched, I've seen a lot worse. A 255 on a 10J isn't that bad! :)

Also, The Michelin Pilot Sports give it a great driving feel - It has actually increased the driving ability even with the 19s compared to the 18's with budgets!

Look really good. You got any centre cap options, or you happy with the BMW logo?

I actually replaced them with new BMW emblems, I knew it would raise mixed opinions, probably why I did it :)

Wheels look very nice B)

BMW caps look hideous :yuck: (You should always follow the style advice of the missus - even if you disagree with her!)

• Like 1