Audi A1

twobears

We looked at the A1 when the wife was choosing a new car earlier this year but they seemed very bland and plain inside and basic spec didn`t include hardly anything at all. Even when we looked at the better spec`d range like the S Line you still had to add on loads of the things that she wanted such as Sat Nav, etc. as extra`s bumping the price up by a few grand. I think we had configured it to over £21,000 by the time she had finished. She ended up with a complete change in style, Vauxhall Mokka which had every extra she wanted for £17,500.

Mini is the same, when you add everything you want onto your £14k cooper it becomes £20k.

Erm, it's not, my little girl has just bought one and although you're nearly right on the basic model, at least it has style on the outside and The Cooper is way above basic

Edited by The G Man

I guess the only way I'll really come to a decision is by test driving all the cars on my shortlist. I will be sharing it with my daughter but I get the casting vote 'cos I'm paying for it. I think I will try to drive as many as I can over the weekend so that I can compare them side by side as it were. I have never agonised as much over buying a new car as I have with this one :blush:

Just got the wife an A1 - Yes fully spec'd up was over 20k, as she wanted led and the tech pack ect ect. Did a lot of shopping found an Audi dealer in gatwick with an ex demo 4 months old with 700 miles on the clock - absolutely loaded with every extra availible. 16k it cost me.

Fully kitted skoda fabia VRS? Yes it has a slightly dull interior but its basically an A1 underneath. Or what about polo gti with dsg? Big, well screwed together, comfortable, shuttle styling, nips on.....

Fully kitted skoda fabia VRS? Yes it has a slightly dull interior but its basically an A1 underneath. Or what about polo gti with dsg? Big, well screwed together, comfortable, shuttle styling, nips on.....

all 3 of those cars are the same lol. Its crazy to think that the badge can make the price differ so much.

Edited by Dblock

all 3 of those cars are the same lol. Its crazy to think that the badge can make the price differ so much.

Fabia VRS being fazed out as they have not sold many. UK is the only market that have bought any.

What about a new Fiesta ST?

I really like the look of the Fiesta ST now I have had time to research it and am hoping to take a test drive in it tomorrow, although the garage's system was down so they are supposed to be ringing me back to confirm. I love the metallic blue colour so will definitely be getting that option if I end up with the Fiesta. How girly of me - oops :blush: