Driving to get away from it all...

sloutrou

Hi all,

A bit of background, I've worked in IT on a reasonable wage for the last five or six years, in the last couple I've come to a strong conclusion that I could be a lot more successful working for myself instead of making someone else rich.

I know I can't complain, I have it pretty good compared to some (24 hours a week on a full-time salary, and I get to turn up to work in jeans), but been going a bit mad the last few days trying to figure out where I go from here.

At lunchtime my head was spinning so much, I saw the car on the drive and just took her out for a spin. Nothing excessive, just a cruise around with no specific place to be.

I've come back and felt so much better, do you guys find the car a bit of an escape-from-it-all thing, or is it just me? By the time I'd driven a couple of miles I'd forgotten everything else and was just enjoying the car :D

Apologies if a bit off-topic while I sit here drinking coke and eating yesterday's pizza :lol:

Jez

• Like 3

I do it a lot, not really to get away from things but more because I love driving it! I quite often get up at 6 or 7 on a Sunday morning and go for a bit of blast round the countryside when it's dead, we're lucky to have so many great roads round here. :)

You're not alone. I find driving my Zed very 'therapeutic' and destressing too :teeth: Same with riding my horse. I often go to the yard feeling a bit stressed from work but I forget all my worries once I am with my beautiful horse, Finella :) I think any hobby which you really enjoy can have this effect.

Count yourself lucky.........I did EXACTLY the same thing yesterday except I had to do it in a derv TT!

I'd go to work to get away from a tt! I kid you on mate :thumbs:

It really isn't all that bad you know. Grips like a bitch and its a fairly punchy engine but its just sort of ..........well.........meh!

Certainly for 300 bells a month its 'meh' anyway! :lol:

Just got the retention form for the plate and then its up on the market.

Dervs aren't the best for just going for a drive although they will cost you significantly less. No point in limiter kissing then either.

What's next the zx or something else?

Your right......you've got to keep it fairly wound up to get any enjoyment.

Not 100% at the moment I think I'm about to have one of my 'moments' and turf my job in without another one to go to which could prove rather interesting for my financial well being.

ZX is definitely a consideration if I don't totally hamstring myself. Other than that I'm half tempted to **** off to Canada and live in doogy's shed!