Your Opinions In Buying This Zed.

TomZ

Before I go any further, on this forum my enter button doesn't work so I can't write a post in a decent format. My Maximum Budget is £8,000 and I'm preferably looking for a 296, as I won't be able to afford the 313. I've been in talks with this person and have been offered the car for my budget after some haggling. The downside is it is a CAT D, (Vandalism Repaired) or apparently anyway (I'm good at spotting lemons). It ticks all my boxes in terms of spec, colour, mileage etc. What do you think? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stunning-2007-Nissan-350Z-GT-300-Black-Tan-Leather-Bose-only-14800-miles-/321184225871?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ac8125a4f

He has stated panel damage, someone basically had a field day with it. However, there is nothing documentation wise to suggest this was the case and that it wasn't in fact a rear or front end smash. As I said, it ticks all of the boxes. It will have 12 months MOT, 3 Months Tax, Two Services Stamped in Book, Decent Tyre Tread etc.

I think the seller is hoping if he is saying a non cat D one is worth 2 grand more. I havent checked the prices recently, but i thought the 313 models were touching 9k, so a non 313 model isnt likely to be 11 grand.

It does look like a very nice car however, lovely colour and ive never seen 2 tone seats like that. Normally the alezan orange ones are solid orange, not with the black middles - i wonder if they were a special order like the seller says, or if someone has redyed the middle bit?

Also, if its a 6 year old car, the spark plugs would probably be due, so make sure thats been done.

Edited by rabbitstew

He seems a reasonable guy who is selling it, I had contact with him when I was looking for one

and he was very helpful, unfortunately somebody else bought the one I was after, he sell quiet a few Zeds.

Price is OK, but I'm sure he will move a bit, check exactly what the damage was. :thumbs:

Thanks for your input. Price wise, he is definitely bang on I feel. If that was a Non CAT D, it would be listed for roughly 10.5k due to the low mileage. I have been looking for several weeks and it seems like the best buy considering my budget, as if I wanted a 296 for 8,000, I'd be looking at one with 35k + mileage in the wrong spec.

• Like 1

He seems a reasonable guy who is selling it, I had contact with him when I was looking for one

and he was very helpful, unfortunately somebody else bought the one I was after, he sell quiet a few Zeds.

Price is OK, but I'm sure he will move a bit, check exactly what the damage was. :thumbs:

Thanks, that's put my mind at ease a bit. I have been offered it on the limit of my budget. How would I be able to check why it was a CAT D?

Thanks, that's put my mind at ease a bit. I have been offered it on the limit of my budget. How would I be able to check why it was a CAT D?

Ask the seller, he will have checked with the previous owner what work was done.

Luk's 2005 is a very nice car and its under your budget, worth considering. :thumbs:

My car is a cat D, 2005 plate with 28500 miles and im asking for under £6k. I feel that is seriously overpriced for what it is.

Although yours is a lovely car, it does not tick my preferences. I prefer the gunmetal grey, plus its newer, less mileage, GT pack and more powerful.

Ok I've looked a bit closed now;

- Missing the placcy strip under the front bumper (many take it off but possibly front end repair

- Missing the front number plate surround (possible front end repair)

- Bonnent to bumper shut line running out slightly (tighter nearer to the camera or just my imagination?)

- Picture showing the drivers side door open.........it is me or does the paint look like primer on the bits that are facing the camera?

- Rear lights are not correct for the car (we think) (possible cheapo back end repair)

Squirtenly stand by my original comment that I like it a lot but questions are mounting up for me.

Good spot JetSet. I'm assuming the lights were busted up.

So £8k you're getting this for? seems ok if it's been repaired to perfection but the seats have been fettled with, black and alezan wasn't an option and IMO doesn't look right, unless it's the ones from the facelift roadsters which a different shape and have material down the centre.

Good spot JetSet. I'm assuming the lights were busted up.

So £8k you're getting this for? seems ok if it's been repaired to perfection but the seats have been fettled with, black and alezan wasn't an option and IMO doesn't look right, unless it's the ones from the facelift roadsters which a different shape and have material down the centre.

I would assume the LED's got busted and originals are expensive to replace. :surrender:

- Missing the placcy strip under the front bumper (many take it off but possibly front end repair

- Bonnent to bumper shut line running out slightly (tighter nearer to the camera or just my imagination?)

- Picture showing the drivers side door open.........it is me or does the paint look like primer on the bits that are facing the camera?

- Rear lights are not correct for the car (we think) (possible cheapo back end repair)

Squirtenly stand by my original comment that I like it a lot but questions are mounting up for me.

Strip missing and it looks like it has one of those silver plate mounts from eBay.

Shut line looks ok to me, could be angle/shadow?

Paint looks ok, lighting?

Yup, wrong lights.

So it looks like it was the Hulk who vandalized the car then :scare:

Ricey is right, does look like there have been repairs to both front and rear, although the rear as I said before could have been smashed lights. :shrug:

Edited by KyleR

It's enough to put me off in reality. I'll keep the hunt going. Addicted to checking the selling sites, look every 30 minutes lol.

I think I enjoy looking for a new car as much as I do driving it :) The autotrader "my searches" thing is quite good, basically e-mails you if a new car appears within your specific parameters.

• Like 1

Strip missing and it looks like it has one of those silver plate mounts from eBay.

Shut line looks ok to me, could be angle/shadow?

Paint looks ok, lighting?

Yup, wrong lights.

So it looks like it was the Hulk who vandalized the car then :scare:

Ricey is right, does look like there have been repairs to both front and rear, although the rear as I said before could have been smashed lights. :shrug:

Aye its just the angle on the bonnet (I wasn't actually looking at the dead on angle picture like a div!)

Must just been the lighting but that picture of the door open is matt grey! To be fair who in their right mind would repair a car to that standard and leave a load of primer.

Still don't think its that bad of a repair but you do have to question a repair where someone has skimped on a set of lights to match the car. Why would you change the interior as well?