Driving me insane now..

lewisdavid_

hey guys sorry i tried to search but its driving me mad im at work and its such a pants computer... but i changed my car battery in the keyfob today and it took like 5 mins to do... but now it wont work at all.. i can get it into the programming bit where it clicks twice.. but it doesnt do anythign else... doesnt register or anything.. could it be a fuse or something more serious.. dont make me go to a stealer :(:surrender:

Mate, I had this problem. In the end I got got it to work in a different location. I'd done exactly the same thing about 100 times and then I was sat outside my girlfriends house and tried it again and it worked first time. Make sure your movements are quick and very deliberate. Good luck

it is with the rx8 ... carnt see these been different :shrug: with the 8 you need the spare key to code the 1 your trying to code.

trip to the dealer it is then, dont worry lewis i use Vaseline to build the rotary's so i have loads of the stuff!

on a positive note least youll be able to get that second key ;)

Whey sorted.

My mate works at Clifford ! Totally forgot lol

Doing me a two fob Clifford etc all set up for £250 said if anyone else on forum fancied it just to let him know :) just an idea if maybe a group buy got set up could knock it down further like

Whey sorted.

My mate works at Clifford ! Totally forgot lol

Doing me a two fob Clifford etc all set up for £250 said if anyone else on forum fancied it just to let him know :) just an idea if maybe a group buy got set up could knock it down further like

£250 to fit an alarm on a car that already has an alarm and probably just needs a fob battery and a rematch? :scare:

Just a quickie. The standard key has 2 elements, one doesn't require a battery, this is the important one.

The battery powered part of the remote lock/unlock, codes in here will be lost if no power is supplied for 1-2 mins, these can be recoded at home (pedal dance)

The actual part that starts the car is a small plastic chip stuck separately on the corner of the key housing, this has no power at all as its an RFID style chip. Its "powered" by the NATS antenna which circles your ignition ring which reads the code, checks if its valid and disabled the immobiliser.

You could leave the battery out of the key for 10 years and this code wouldn't be lost. These cant (generally) be coded at home.

Edited by cs2000