Best Rear Tyres with rim protectors?

Lewis0291

Hi guys, first post on the Forum, so hello everybody. As the subject title says...any suggestions on the best rear wheel tyres with rim protectors for my 350z. Curbed my wheel 2 bloody times recentley and looking to get them treated, the car is due tyres and i've had rim protectors on my previous car. But just wondering any suggestions for my 350. Thank you very much.

Hi guys, first post on the Forum, so hello everybody. As the subject title says...any suggestions on the best rear wheel tyres with rim protectors for my 350z. Curbed my wheel 2 bloody times recentley and looking to get them treated, the car is due tyres and i've had rim protectors on my previous car. But just wondering any suggestions for my 350. Thank you very much.

Hi and welcome to the forum

I'm no tyre expert but i'm sure someone will be along ASAP with some great advice!

Thank you guys....i'm taking all your views into consideration. Had my 09' plate about 7 months and love it. Just curbed the front passenger wheel 3 times now and it oh so pains me. Never been this bloody clumsy. So the wheels are getting a refurb and fresh tyres.

It's just the way they're built, some photo's in this thread: http://www.r8talk.com/forums/49-wheel-tire-discussion/8123-michelin-pilot-supersport-awesome.html

A lot of tyres have the same thing but they don't protect the rims 100%... you're better off just parking further away from the curb or getting those plastic inserts you can get to go in between the alloy/tyre.

MPSS are the best tyres full stop, but don't mix tyres on the car: replace all four.

But do they have a good rim protector?

As a single bloke, spending all my cash on these things means my rim doesn't get touched often, I imagine it's worse for the married guys when people's Mrs's spot where the cash has gone. ;)

Check out Costco if you have one nearby and you know someone who is a member. Michelin trained technicians and usually they offer a competive price on their tyres. Nitrogen fill them as well as standard. Job done :)

Just used Costco when I replaced all four. OEM RE050A at £167 fronts, £171 rears. (Each) fully fitted etc.

These are the ones with the re-enforced tyre wall with the 'outside' 'inside' fitting. I have seen Bridgstone RE050A's with rotational markings so not re-enforced on the outer wall.