Getting closer to knowing what I want...

The Bounty Bar Kid

Hey Guys 'n Gals,

I've decided what coilovers I want, however I was wondering if it's possible to do this yourself or is it best taken to a garage and if so how much it'd cost. Also I've read that I'd probably need adjustable rear camber arms, but there is so much choice out there. What is the best? Or will it not make any difference?

Cheers Peeps!

Dips.

Some rear arms don't have the extra toe adjustment, so you want something like Eibach. Depending how low you go though they may not be necessary.

Regarding fitting the coilovers, very easy job, fit them yourself then just take it for a full wheel alignment. You'll have it all done in a day.

My ex setup explained here:

http://www.350z-uk.c...spension-setup/

I liked the SPL as you can see, if I will upgrade anything suspension wise on my new 370z it will be SPL parts + KW V3 coilovers, nothing else, no compromise. Otherwise I'll stick to OEM.

I've decided on Tein Super Street coilovers with the EDFC Active kit. Why KW v3?

My ex setup explained here:

http://www.350z-uk.c...spension-setup/

I liked the SPL as you can see, if I will upgrade anything suspension wise on my new 370z it will be SPL parts + KW V3 coilovers, nothing else, no compromise. Otherwise I'll stick to OEM.

I've decided on Tein Super Street coilovers with the EDFC Active kit. Why KW v3?

Some people tend to agree they are the ultimate coilover kit. Unless you're tracking the car BBK you'll not benefit from spending the extra money.

I'd be interested in your experience here BBK... Not with Octet... But with the Tein and the EDFC. It looks like a good setup and is adjustable, so would be perfect for commuting and then also for weekend blasts.

Keyser also runs them. Quite like them. Especially with the electronic adjustment. To be fair they're a good all round setup who doesn't want to pay a fortune.

But I've been in Bennets car and Adrian's both with KW's. you do notice the difference.

Keyser also runs them. Quite like them. Especially with the electronic adjustment. To be fair they're a good all round setup who doesn't want to pay a fortune.

But I've been in Bennets car and Adrian's both with KW's. you do notice the difference.

Oh really. Damn it I really liked the idea of the edfc unit. Main reason for going for them.

Why tein dip? Out of interest,

You will need rear arms, get eibach though as they are the best quality and come with toe bolts

Cos of the edfc unit. Don't wanna have to play with stuff to adjust it. Also I don't like that people have cut holes in their rear strut covers to allow for the adjustment knob to be accessed. I'd rather have it all stock looking.

I was wondering if it's possible to do this yourself or is it best taken to a garage and if so how much it'd cost.

Cant comment on the equipment, but as for fitting follow these simple instructions . . .

1. Pop Equipment in boot

2. Get in Car

3. Drive to a Doughnut shop

4. Purchase many, many doughnuts

5. Drive a little further

6. Eat doughnuts with friends and have a laugh

7. Drive home on your magically fitted new thingy wots-its

8. Job Done

:thumbs:

• Like 1

I was wondering if it's possible to do this yourself or is it best taken to a garage and if so how much it'd cost.

Cant comment on the equipment, but as for fitting follow these simple instructions . . .

1. Pop Equipment in boot

2. Get in Car

3. Drive to a Doughnut shop

4. Purchase many, many doughnuts

5. Drive a little further

6. Eat doughnuts with friends and have a laugh

7. Drive home on your magically fitted new thingy wots-its

8. Job Done

:thumbs:

Got a few things I wanted to sort out with the Boys at the ZedShed, but last time I spoke to them they were busy. Might have to ask again.

Things I've bought but not done so far...

Brakelines,

Flyboy mirror mod,

Spark Plugs. :lol: