Scorpion Exhaust Question

tommoger

Hi there, new to the club. Picked up an 03 FairladyZ about a month ago and am absolutely loving it.

However I want to get an exhausts system with a bit more roar to it, specifically a Scorpion system as I've used them before and heard good things about them on Zs. On consulting Scorpion they say the system they sell is only suitable for Euro spec models not the JDM imports like mine.

Has anyone managed to fit a Scorpion system to an import and if so have there been any snags?

Cheers in advance.

Welcome :wave:

Have a look around, a Scorpion is a good and popular choice but there are other options around.... Cobra for example ;)

As Dave said, worth also looking at the Cobra Sport system we do too, details can be seen here - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/63096-cobra-sports-exhaust-from-cougar-store/

Scorpion system can be seen here - http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/16672-scorpion-exhaust-from-cougar-store-350z/ :)

I had one fitted to my import, you are correct they do specify they are not designed for JDMs, mine was fine, tips were slightly out of line but this is common with aftermarket exhausts and not really noticeable.

As long as you take it to performance garage that no what they are doing you shouldn't get any problems, at worst the fitter may need to remove the heat shields.

It is a really quiet system though, IMO needs beefing up with high flow cats and a pop charger or similar.

I had one fitted to my import, you are correct they do specify they are not designed for JDMs, mine was fine, tips were slightly out of line but this is common with aftermarket exhausts and not really noticeable.

As long as you take it to performance garage that no what they are doing you shouldn't get any problems, at worst the fitter may need to remove the heat shields.

It is a really quiet system though, IMO needs beefing up with high flow cats and a pop charger or similar.

"really quiet" :lol: dream on soft lad.

Not everyone assesses "loud" as sounding like a nuclear wind roaring down the road!

Lol, that's why I try not to give opinions on exhaust sounds Ricemaster, ok " it was too quiet for my ears"

"really quiet" :lol: dream on soft lad.

Not everyone assesses "loud" as sounding like a nuclear wind roaring down the road!