Paint protector - what's best!!

PKAT

Hello folks!!

After a small err.. argument with a concrete post in the underground car park at Chelsea FC. my trusty steed has been returned from the body shop. I also took the opportunity to have the road rash removed and now I have a sparkly baby, good as new!

What to put on to protect the paint? What wax have you guys found is best?

I think you will find that everyone has their own favorite when it comes to cleaning products.

I myself finish off with Dodo Juice 'blue velvet' after polishing the car with Auto Glym.

Apparently Gtechniq is in vogue at the moment.

I suppose it's down to how much you want to spend.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/73834-gave-it-a-good-clean-apparently-its-called-detailing-now/

Just did mine....... before the thunder storms......

I would wipe the area down with lots of quick detailer and a very soft MF everyday, but please take care not to scratch it. This is the only time I would recommend doing that instead of washing the car, although if you can wash everyday then all the better. the idea is to stop any dirt or bugs ingraining themselves into the paint at this stage of curing.

As said, leave for a month then use whatever wax you fancy. Personally I'm very taken with the DJ Supernatural, but it's not cheap. I've also got a tub of DJ BV that I use sometimes on other vehicles, and that's great too. I used the BV on my Azure, and it did come up well.

I would wipe the area down with lots of quick detailer and a very soft MF everyday, but please take care not to scratch it. This is the only time I would recommend doing that instead of washing the car, although if you can wash everyday then all the better. the idea is to stop any dirt or bugs ingraining themselves into the paint at this stage of curing.

As said, leave for a month then use whatever wax you fancy. Personally I'm very taken with the DJ Supernatural, but it's not cheap. I've also got a tub of DJ BV that I use sometimes on other vehicles, and that's great too. I used the BV on my Azure, and it did come up well.

I get mine back from the paint shop on Thursday after a front end respray to get rid of the dreaded stone chips. I was told that if its been baked the paint could be waxed straight away?

Out of interest, what would be the best wax to use on sunset orange?

I get mine back from the paint shop on Thursday after a front end respray to get rid of the dreaded stone chips. I was told that if its been baked the paint could be waxed straight away?

Out of interest, what would be the best wax to use on sunset orange?

Maybe, but why risk it? I wouldn't. Even if baked, oils will still naturally evaporate.

DJ SN :thumbs: