Duchess of Cambridge... LABOUR WATCH!

It's incredible how tolerant reasonable, intelligent people can be isn't it?

Regarding names isn't it quite cool to name kids after their place of conception? Not sure, "On The Floor Of Bedroom 473 West Wing Lower Ground Floor Down From The Servants Quarters Before You Reach The Stables" will work.

King Anglesey doesn't sound right somehow :).

Royals usually give their kids 3 forenames for some reason and they always stick to a tried and tested pattern established centuries ago, so probably James Henry Charles or something like that .

Pete

I was born here, you? :lol:

Yeah, yeah, I know, like it wasn't enough your folks were here already! :lol:

So you've taken not only our jobs, maternity yard places, nurseries places, schools, etc :lol:

(Says somebody that came here only 13 years ago) :lol:

Private schools and private healthcare... Try again. :lol:

It's a full moon too................................................ :ninja:

Must be related to the vampires of Romania :lol:

Michael I (Romanian: Mihai I [miˈhaj]; born 25 October 1921) is the last King of Romania. A great-great-grandson of Queen Victoria through both of his parents, and a third cousin of Queen Elizabeth II, he is the last surviving monarch from the Interbellum and one of only two surviving heads of state from World War II, the other being the former King Simeon II of Bulgaria.

The Royal family are nothing more than tourist attractions for the Americans.

Tourist attraction... Yes. They bring in millions of pounds of tourism helping keep the UK afloat.

But more importantly, they're a major part of English/British history.

The official reported annual cost to the British public of keeping the Royal Family was £41.5 million for the 2008-09 financial year.However, this figure is disputed since it does not include the cost of security provided by the police and the Army, the lost revenues of the Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster and other expenses.

Total waste of money and a completely outdated tradition

Moan moan moan moan...

What about the money they bring in?

The Royal family generate close to £500 million every year for British tourism with The Tower of London, Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace the most popular Royal destinations.

But that just takes into account what people can track. Like visiting these places. Tourists still visit the UK but don't necessarily visit the palaces. in 2009 Uk tourism was worth £115bn per year. 9billion was just from London.

Anyways this thread wasn't about the royal family and their worth to society but the about the birth of a baby. A joyeous occasion, and a child who will have a huge impact on this country whether you like it or not.

Unless of course you are like me and think babies are ugly annoying smelly little things, Royal or otherwise!