standard zed alloys in 19s?

ddcboyle

No and the fact they weigh an absolute ton and don't inspire the zed driving experience at all. You won't believe the difference with a set of rays lightweight wheels

Just not a fan of how squarish the ray spokes are. Any ideas on other lightweight alloys that look like oem? Without a silly pricetag?

• Like 1

No and the fact they weigh an absolute ton and don't inspire the zed driving experience at all. You won't believe the difference with a set of rays lightweight wheels

Just not a fan of how squarish the ray spokes are. Any ideas on other lightweight alloys that look like oem? Without a silly pricetag?

I concur with this!

You won't get 19" lightweight wheels cheap I'm afraid mate. All lightweights wheels are generally forged and made by big companies. This is where the costs come from. I wouldn't trust a lightweight wheel that wasn't forged as it will melt like a piece of chocolate on the first decent pothole you hit

You won't get 19" lightweight wheels cheap I'm afraid mate. All lightweights wheels are generally forged and made by big companies. This is where the costs come from. I wouldn't trust a lightweight wheel that wasn't forged as it will melt like a piece of chocolate on the first decent pothole you hit

Like rota?

Like rota?

Rota aren't that cheap though?

Like rota?

no but there a 'Lightweight' wheel that's cast not forged

If your lucky enough to have the best colour Zed (only a few of us do) then black wheels will look awesome :thumbs:

RE30's are nice and lightweight they also look great :)

You can even go for a staggered setup like mine to keep the handling and feel spot on

IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

The only problem is they do in fact cost the earth plus postage :lol:

Although I do know someone with a set that may be persuaded to part with them at a very reasonable price :thumbs:

Like rota?

I don't imagine they will be that light in comparison to forged wheels then. What's the weight of a 19" or 18" rim against the likes of the 18" rays, or 19" lmgt4's?

I'm not that familiar with the likes of these wheels as I like the rays brand and haven't had to change

Edited by Neilp

Like rota?

I don't imagine they will be that light in comparison to forged wheels then. What's the weight of a 19" or 18" rim against the likes of the 18" rays, or 19" lmgt4's?

I'm not that familiar with the likes of these wheels as I like the rays brand and haven't had to change

Haha ive got 18" lmgt4 for track use but rota grids in 19's for street use as i think the 19s fill the arches nicer, but the difference in weight is massive an you can feel it when driving, Also seem to have made a huge diffrence in the 0-60 times :( But a true forged 19" might be ok

I have both the 18" rays for track with r888'a and the 19" lmgt4's for road and both feel great. The own 18's are still heavier than the 19" lmgt4's I'm sure.

Difference between a cheap cast replica 19" and a genuine forged 19"

i dont think the 19s are lighter than 18s as there more material but i could be wrong

I have both the 18" rays for track with r888'a and the 19" lmgt4's for road and both feel great. The own 18's are still heavier than the 19" lmgt4's I'm sure.

Difference between a cheap cast replica 19" and a genuine forged 19"

i dont think the 19s are lighter than 18s as there more material but i could be wrong

Sorry mate that wa a typo on my part. Laying in the sun in Jamaica and not paying attention.

What I was supposed to have written was the oem 18" wheels (not rays) are still heavier than the nismo lmgt4 19". I'm not sure how the rays 18" and 18" nismo lmgt4's compare though.

Since when did chocolate melt on impact rather than with heat? :lol: :lol:

Pothole from hell....filled with lava...maybe...?

Pothole from hell....filled with lava...maybe...?

With the temps these days I'm pretty sure it will melt :p

Or if it was over here in Jamaica with me it would defo be melting :p