Connect Premium (X9) 2012/2013 update

mbs

Brilliant, cheers for keeping this all going guys :)

Updated list

1. robin c

2. K370Z2

3. Dogfather

4. Badgeronimous

5. apcarter

6. bakseedaa

7. Lambo

If anyone has any issues with them just give me a message, there may be 1 or two duff DVD out there but Harryjax fixed a intermittent DVD3 by copying the DVD in Nero and using its repair functionality ;)

Edited by cs2000

Updated list

1. robin c

2. K370Z2

3. Dogfather

4. Badgeronimous

5. apcarter

6. bakseedaa

7. Lambo

If anyone has any issues with them just give me a message, there may be 1 or two duff DVD out there but Harryjax fixed a intermittent DVD3 by copying the DVD in Nero and using its repair functionality ;)

I'm amazed that my original query has blossomed into such a great club co-operation thanks to the generosity of one club member and the help of a few others. Great.

Updated list

1. robin c. (Will receive set from Harryjax)

2. K370Z2

3. Dogfather

4. Badgeronimous

5. apcarter

6. bakseedaa

7. Lambo

I'm amazed that my original query has blossomed into such a great club co-operation thanks to the generosity of one club member and the help of a few others. Great.

RobinC will receive from me. Packed and ready to go. Just need to visit post office.

I haven't been reading for a bit. Is there 2 sets going as i have just finished with mine. If RobinC is recieving a set from Harryjax shall i forward onto K370z2? if so.

K370Z2 PM me your address buddy

Yes bud. Sent your set to K370Z2.

I believe there are 4 or 5 sets of update discs floating around. :thumbs:

Yep, I sent out 5 disks and I see 2 (I think) being swapped around. I know will370z has his at his parents and is trying to find time to update it, one went to Octet and the other one I cant remember who so ive no idea where these have gone (interestingly, the person whos name I cant remember never contacted me to get the fixed DVD 2 and 3 so these wont even work, I have their replacements sat on my desk still...). The two I know that are being distributed are MBS's and ionabee's

New list (assuming K370z2 and harryjax get their in the next few days), and I missed 370Mike off of the list so added him in 5th place, sorry!

1. Dogfather

2. Badgeronimous

3. apcarter

4. bakseedaa

5. 370Mike

6. Lambo

And just to Clarify

Harryjax Posting to Robinc

garethkd1 Posting to K370z2

:)

Edited by cs2000

This is a great example of forum cooperation, although I think I've concluded that for me (weekend drives to country pubs etc - fairly low mileage etc etc) the bother of doing the install probably outweighs the benefits. Shame that after spending so much money on a fairly high end car we don't get access to free updates. Kudos to those of you who've successfully thwarted greedy Nissan B)

CS2000 - Confirmation that discs were here tonight when i got in. This full set of 5 came in from garethkd1 cheers mate. I will try to get them done ASAP and post them on.

As i see it 1.Dogfather 2.Badgeronimous 3.apcarter are next on the list.

As above there seems to be a few discs doing the rounds i will send my set to Dogfather as soon as i have them installed and make him aware of this tonight. If dogfather tells me he has already got a set or a set is already on the way to him i will work my way down the list.

Ill call my discs - SET1 going to Dogfather so we can all track whos got what set & where that set going next .. I presume harryjacks got SET2

If there are any changes i will post here. Thanks to everyone involved.

K370Z2

Drop me your address, il post you a new version of DVD 2 and 3 this evening 1st class mate, both these DVD seem to regularly fail for some reason. Before you do it, check the disk isn't scratched or dirty, the dvd drives in the zeds seem very sensitive to this. From what I can figure out, your set came from garethkd1 who also had issues with it failing so im keen to get them replaced for the next member.

Octet

Next on the list is Dogfather, il drop him a message to PM you. No worries about forgetting ;)

Edited by cs2000

Yes my disc came from Garethkd1.... Ive named these SET1 .

I had already PMd Dogfighter for his address, who i was gonna send my disc to next (once its working). I have tried cleaning the disc but still not updating, whilst the disc has some scratches on i have certainly seen worse that would play

If theres another set can we call them SET2 then at least CS2000 can keep at track on them

Hah, well ive dropped him a message too to ask him to get his set from octet, will be a day or so until your replacements arrive so figured he could be done with octet's set by the time you go to post your off.

So currently

SET1 - With K370z2 (Awaiting replacement DVD's)

SET2 - With Robinc (No news yet)

SET3 - With Octet (Posting to Dogfather upon address confirmation)

SET4 - With Will370z (Awaiting a trip to his parents to collect the replacement DVD's)

SET5 - M.I.A (Presumed dead)

and the list;

1. Dogfather

2. Badgeronimous

3. apcarter

4. bakseedaa

5. 370Mike

6. Lambo

Hah, well ive dropped him a message too to ask him to get his set from octet, will be a day or so until your replacements arrive so figured he could be done with octet's set by the time you go to post your off.

So currently

SET1 - With K370z2 (Awaiting replacement DVD's)

SET2 - With Robinc (No news yet)

SET3 - With Octet (Posting to Dogfather upon address confirmation)

SET4 - With Will370z (Awaiting a trip to his parents to collect the replacement DVD's)

SET5 - M.I.A (Presumed dead)

and the list;

1. Dogfather

2. Badgeronimous

3. apcarter

4. bakseedaa

5. 370Mike

6. Lambo

Set 2 has been posted and should be with RobinC tomorrow. I've PM'd RobinC and apologised for not posting sooner but I've had a hectic couple of weeks.

Apart from issue with disc 3 that i Managed to copy and re-burn onto new disc which then loaded fine.

The original disc 3 has been destroyed and replaced with the one I burnt. My system working fine.

I'd like to thank Chris (cs2000) for kindly making these available to forum members.

Top man :thumbs:

Nissan 370Z = :teeth::in_love::teeth:

Nissan 370Z with no Sat nav/me no sense of direction = Use Wifes Grand C-MAx = :cry: DIESAL :cry:

I have managed to get the disc from 80% install/Fail down to 68% but i think ive done £40 in fuel :lol: and probably taken 3 years of my starter motor/battery :lol: and got the window twitchers in the street wondering what the hell im doing.

Thanks to CS2000 for prompt replies today and making the discs available to everyone

Hi Kevin,

Disc 2 was a pain. it only seemed to move on properly after i left it for the night. leaving it for 5 minutes didnt seem to work. although i did disc1 with the engine idling i got bored hanging around so did the updates whilst driving.

keep trying. it'll work eventually.

garethkd1

Hooray :cloud9: thats it Sat Nav updated at last .. :yahoo:

Three attempts at disc2 to this morning all failed :thumbdown: then 2 attempts tonight completed the final bit of down load :teeth:

Three attempts at disc3 loaded

One attempt at disc4 loaded in 2 minutes .. :teeth: HAPPY DAYS :teeth: ..

I have PM CS2000 to see who to send them to next & make sure he hasn't already sent replacement disc2 disc3

• Like 1

Didnt want to start a new thread, so Ill post my question here!

Would you say the Sat nav/connect premium is a must when you look at a 2nd hand 370z? I had a browse at a few local cars and none of them had the sat nav. Still not going to purchase until april so I can sort funds out to get an exhaust/remap and window tints instantly along with paying insurance upfront, but if the Sat Nav isn't really something that should make or break buying a car, then I can pretty much go care free.

The other thing is, I have a lifetime free update 7inch screen truck satnav which I use for work and has films, music etc stored on it so if I need a satnav and can attach my truck one to the vents or wherever. Is there anything aftermarket you could put there anyway? Cubby hole seems pretty useless to be honest!

Hooray :cloud9: thats it Sat Nav updated at last .. :yahoo:

Three attempts at disc2 to this morning all failed :thumbdown: then 2 attempts tonight completed the final bit of down load :teeth:

Three attempts at disc3 loaded

One attempt at disc4 loaded in 2 minutes .. :teeth: HAPPY DAYS :teeth: ..

I have PM CS2000 to see who to send them to next & make sure he hasn't already sent replacement disc2 disc3

Ive already sent you the replacement DVD's, they should be there today really so hang on until they arrive :)

Just send to whoever is next on the list :)

1. Dogfather

2. Badgeronimous

3. apcarter

4. bakseedaa

5. 370Mike

6. Lambo

Although I don't know how active Dogfather is ...

Edited by cs2000