Connect Premium (X9) 2012/2013 update

mbs

Guys, just had a pm from Andy. It seems disk 2 gets stuck and leaves half installed maps, which means no navigation :( . I'm going to try and get something sorted.

For now, it's fine to install the disk 0, but avoid doing the map updates, need to find out what's up.

Edited by cs2000

I have another copy of disk 2 which il post out to him Monday. Hopefully this works. If so il create copies for you all and send out.

Got another plan if this fails too.

EDIT:

Quick one just to say the re-burnt disk 2 worked for Andy, but now he's stuck on disk 3, defiantly hold off on these updates guys for now but chuck away disk 2 and disk 3, they're useless. Disk 0 and Disk 1 work fine, and disk 4 MAY work.

I'm re-burn another set of disk 2's using the method that worked for Andy, then il test disk 3 with him and disk 4 if necessary. Il post the fixed CD's out to you guys as soon as I know what works and what doesn't.

The updates will eventually work, it just seems as though the DVD's all need burning at a very slow speed for some reason, each disk takes roughly 15 mins compared to 3 if burnt at full speed.

Edited by cs2000

to add to Chris' notes above - clearly in the instructions it says don't turn off engine etc during install process

this isn't actually an issue - 'cos I obviously haven't left the car running for 3 days :wacko:

if need be, finish one disc, and you can put the next one in the next day and it just carries on.

also during the instal (for me) the disc failed half way through - putting in the replacement (thanks Chris), it carried on from the point of fail - it didn't start all over again - so at the moment I'm about 75-80% through the process

yes - a few betty swollocks moments but Chris was a star :thumbs:

original disks 0, 1 & 4 all work fine

replacement disks 2 & 3 were needed

As I said above, you can switch the engine off between disks and it picks up where it left off - same when the disk failed halfway through - on putting the new ones in it just carried on from the point of failure and not back to the start

The original disk 3 must have failed right at the end, because once the new one was in, it finished in 4 minutes - disk 4 then took another 4 minutes.

so with Chris' permission, I'll bundle up the "working" set to the first person to PM me and post back here

:thumbs:

ps

it also appears to have resolved my issue with not correctly identifying what was playing on the radio - track ident (or something like that) is now working as it used to

Excellent mate thanks SO much for your patience with it, and me :blush:

Chuck the dead ones and get the good ones in the box and pass it on!

Everyone else, il burn a new set of the duff DVD's as explained in your PM you should all have (apart from 1 person as I forgot their name).

Please bin disk 2 and 3 and replace them with the ones il post tomorrow :thumbs:

No probs, just to make it open, here's the list of awaiting members as I see it.

1. Suits

2. Harryjax

3. elfman (possibly, someone would need to PM him to confirm)

4. garethkd1

5. robin c

6. K370Z2

7. Dogfather

Gents - I'm out.

I don't have a Connect Premium like you class toppers, I have the older version, lol.

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: