Connect Premium (X9) 2012/2013 update

mbs

GUIDE TO SAT NAV UPDATE & TIPS..

1. Block out at least an hour to put in disc first two discs

2. Be patient with disc2 - if after a couple attempts it doesn't load - leave it more than 5 minutes, even into another day as it does eventually download.

3. Disc2 seems to load in junks then stop loading, again leave it more than 5 minutes if necessary if it stops downloading .

4. The green sliding bar doesn't need to go to 100% before it asks for another disc.

5. Disc3 has the same problems uploading as disc2

4. You can drive the car whilst the Sat Nav is updating

5. Bluetooth still works enabling you to use your mobile for calls & music. It is limited functionality

6. Once downloading is complete check everything works as it should PM next on list and pass them on.

Thanks to Cs2000 etc for making this possible

Right chaps all done, the only bother I had was with the very first disc which sorted itself out quickly after switching the car on and off.

All the maps loaded without a hitch. I went for a great drive while all the maps loaded. All discs loaded back to back no messing around after the first disc.

I am assuming Dogfather is next on the share list. Dogfather please pm me your address and I shall get the disc set sent out once I have made a copy of the masters for one of my friends.

Many thanks for sharing the love:)

Strange, Dogfather is next on the list, but there are currently 3 disks waiting to be sent out and all waiting on him and as far as I know he hasn't replied to anyone with an address.

What do we think about skipping him until he replies to someones PM?

Yeh I PMd Dogfather last Thursday & todate i haven't had a reply from him, so i think it only fair he drops to bottom of the list to keep the discs on the move.

I received the New Disc 2&3 from CS 2000 and have included them along with the originals and sent them 1st class too Badgeronimous today. . . . So for future reference thats SET1 to Badgeronimous.

​SET1 currently has the Original Disc 2 & 3 that i had the problems with, i marked these as "OLD" I have marked the replacements "NEW 02.09.13 & would suggest that Badgeronimous uses the new ones & if they work with No issues he can then disposes of the "OLD" ones.

Thanks again to CS2000 & all involved

Octect, PM incoming with some address details where to send your maps disks on to :) Therefore...

SET1 - With K370z2 Posted to Badgeronimous

SET2 - With Robinc Asked to post to bakseedaa

SET3 - With Octet Asked to post to apcarter

SET4 - With Will370z

Other one...

SET5 - M.I.A (Presumed dead) :rant:

And the new list

1. 370Mike

2. Lambo

3. Dogfather

Edited by cs2000

Im confused...I don't remember seeing you on the list?

If you cant get by with Disk 2 give me a shout and il get you another one out.

SET1 - With Badgeronimous

SET2 - With Robinc Asked to post to bakseedaa

SET3 - With apcarter

SET4 - With Will370z

Edited by cs2000

Oooooooh, maybe...

AJRFulton - Did you get your set directly from me, or someone Fwd it onto you?>

If yours came from me DVD 2 and 3 will not work and you need replacements, drop me a PM with you address. We were talking about it on page 2 and I couldn't remember who SET5 went to, perhaps its you?

Well software update worked fine and map disk 1 but disk 2 is being troublesome. Error message appeared, turned off, waited 5 mins as per instructions. Restart engine and immediately errors again.

Could be a fun night, I'll try again

Ps this was with the replacement disks

Edited by Will370z

Well got a little further, about 5 attempts last night which ended in failures but tried again first thing this mroning and it all went through fine.

On to disk 3 now but that just failed, will try tomorrow.

Don't worry about feeling bad mate, definitely shouldn't do that, you are going out of your way to do us all a favour and save a fortune so its a big thanks from me despite it being a pain to install.

Well as the most rewarding journeys always are it was a weekend of pain and suffering but worth it in the end as the install is now complete.

My advice is to keep on and persist, if you get the error message, dont bother again after a 5 minute wait as the nav system says, as i always got the same error virtually immediately. For some obscure and random reason just wait an hour or two and it will kick off again. Disks 2 and 3 ( 2 in particular) were problematic but will sort themselves out.

If the next person on the list wants to pm me their address i will forward the disks on.

Thats again to cs for the disks / hard work making this happen and for andy as the guinea pig and the advice others have posted on here.

Nice one gents.

• Like 2

Sent the discs of yesterday, I repaired and reburnt disc 0,I have included it in the pack along with original up to you guys if you use it. Like I said only slight glitch was with the 0 install disc. Not a bigy. May have been a big bump on the road thinking about it. Sent 1st class to Bakseedaa:)