Quandary over to buy or not to buy

degsysn51

Hello everybody,my name is Derek and I'm in the market for a 370 gt.Have read all the threads going on what to look for and I'm not entirely green when it comes to buying/selling cars.But I have a quandary.I've seen one I like very much 2 years old in Sept so it's on a 61 plate.Only done slightly less than 3 thousand miles 2 owners guessing first to be demo .It's spot on but and it's a big but,it's had it's one and only service in April of this year.That's 7 months later than it should.Have spoken to a local 370 savvy garage down the road from me and the door is gaping for them to slide out of warranty claims with ease.Do I walk away from this car?Or get the garage who are selling it to underwrite for a year(they arn't Nissan dealers) mirroring what Nissan would offer in the 3rd year?In writing of course.Any advice welcome

One other thing.My current ins company are insisting on a Tracker.Have you all got trackers?The company will insure me without a Tracker but won't cover me for theft.

Thanks for reading and anticipated thoughts

Welcome, hopefully the garage HPI the car so you can check it hasn't been repaired. What's the price? As long as the car checks straight and the garage give a decent warranty with the price reflecting the service schedule then I wouldn't worry too much. The cars are pretty bullet proof. Very low mileage so maybe get the previous owners details to see if you can contact them to put your mind at rest?

I'm with Admiral and no tracker needed.

Really appreciate the welcome .Always good to get another view on percieved problems.

The car is priced at £21000 and has got to be a helluva bargain given that it's pretty well unused.I've a degree of leverage given the 3rd year manufacturers warranty is effectively void because it hasn't been seviced in accordance with warranty requirements.So I'll be seeking their warranty to cover it.I am aware that these cars are pretty well bullet proof so thanks guys ,I'm feeling reassured.

With regards to the insurance,I' m with LV and have few complaints.However this is where it gets complicated.I have another car a Picasso which I use for work and so have only the NCD on that car.So it would mean starting again on another policy with no NCD.Except that LV have said they will allow the full NCD on my new car whilst maintaining it on my works car.That's a good thing but they insist on a tracker as part of the policy and want £536 with no theft cover on the policy .If I get the tracker fitted, they will still charge £536 for full cover.Now I am of a certain age that Saga only want to charge £406 to cover my 370 with no tracker but they don't want to know business use on my Picasso or dual NCD.So there you have it.It might well be that I could sell the Picasso and use my wife's C4 diesel f/back but it would mean driving her to work just twice a week and then going on to do my delivery job-I only work 3 days a week.Wouldn't look good delivering stuff in a 370! but the Picasso is brilliant at it.That's not so much a problem really-it's only money.

So how many of you have trackers?.What's the installation cost and monitoring charge?

Thanks to all for reading all comments welcome

Welcome, i went with esure via Sergio (where's my toy?) and it was cheaper than my Audi A3 Diesel.

why not call a local Nissan dealer to put your mind at ease? i'd get the car then get nissan to perform a simple oil / filter change and stamp your book. less likely to encounter trouble i reckon.

get it

thanks all for the replies.I've spoken to Middlehurst of St Helens re the warranty concerns and wasn't reassured by what they said.They advised getting it serviced on the original due date ie 30/09 so that I can at least be seen to attempt to remedy the previous owner's deficiency.Of course I've still got recourse to the SOGA should anything go badly wrong ,against the garage I purchase from.Feeling better about it now thank you