Bitching and personal attacks

I'm sure I can't be the only one who is getting really bored of the number of threads which seem to degenerate into personal digs and provocative remarks. This is a car forum and one of the things which has raised us above other sites is our friendly and welcoming approach. Does anyone think that a newbie looking at some of the posts this week will be attracted to join us?

No one is covering themselves in glory here and I'm very surprised that some of the more mature members have got themselves involved in what looks to the outsider like playground bickering verging on bullying. Personal issues should be dealt with by PM rather than public jousting.

Time to grow up and stop dragging the site down. I trust the mods/admin agree.

Can I just say that from my point of view having been a member on lots of other car forums i've found this one to be one of the best. Informative but still friendly and fun. Much as I shouldn't say it I put that down to the lack of women on here. I've got really fed up with some other so called car sites that have ended up as nothing more than dating and flirting sites where tarts flaunt their wares or else it's full of immature blokes always having a go at each other because their opinion is the only 'right' one. I've noticed an increase in 'sparring' sessions lately though and hopefully it can be sorted out in a positive way. :thumbs:

Oh, and I always think it's good to remember that things said in written form can sometimes sound a lot harsher than they really are.

Oh, and I always think it's good to remember that things said in written form can sometimes sound a lot harsher than they really are.

I agree. People are taking stuff far too seriously. If I've mortally offended anyone, I apologise. :sorry:

Guest prescience

**** This post misrepresented my position and as there will not be many more, has been deleted ****

maybe a bit weird but ...

to be honest an lot of the time i thgouht those digs etc where amongst good mates, because otherwise i thought they where a bit too "sharp" for general forum members and would not be acceptable... and as they have been going on for a while it just seemed to confirm the theory that it was amongst "the closer group" of more veteran members...

in a way it gave me the impression of being several levels of members

1. The Admin Mods

2. The more veteran (Post-Whores etc) who I though knew each other well enough to develop a more "personal approach" in the threads...bitchin included, but i though was all in good nature...

3. The rest ( me included) where we chip our bits and bobs every now and again... stir a bit a little but never get too personal as we are not in the upper "echelons" of the forums...

Forget the personal issues, move on, it is not worth it, and focus on what puts us in here ... our interest on the ZEDS... that is the point of this place...right? Share our experienZes, ask our doubtZ, share our findZ

:group:

maybe a bit weird but ...

to be honest an lot of the time i thgouht those digs etc where amongst good mates, because otherwise i thought they where a bit too "sharp" for general forum members and would not be acceptable... and as they have been going on for a while it just seemed to confirm the theory that it was amongst "the closer group" of more veteran members...

in a way it gave me the impression of being several levels of members

1. The Admin Mods

2. The more veteran (Post-Whores etc) who I though knew each other well enough to develop a more "personal approach" in the threads...bitchin included, but i though was all in good nature...

3. The rest ( me included) where we chip our bits and bobs every now and again... stir a bit a little but never get too personal as we are not in the upper "echelons" of the forums...

Forget the personal issues, move on, it is not worth it, and focus on what puts us in here ... our interest on the ZEDS... that is the point of this place...right? Share our experienZes, ask our doubtZ, share our findZ

+1

Well said :thumbs:

For what its worth, I have posted my thoughts on the other thread which no doubt was the catalyst for this very thread.

It would appear that what needs to be said has already been said on this thread.

As for personal issues and the arguments that may occur from time to time on the forum, lets try to rise above them.

Although it may be hard - take a look at this, it may help:

meet1.jpg

For what its worth, I have posted my thoughts on the other thread which no doubt was the catalyst for this very thread.

It would appear that what needs to be said has already been said on this thread.

As for personal issues and the arguments that may occur from time to time on the forum, lets try to rise above them.

Although it may be hard - take a look at this, it may help:

meet1.jpg

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

thats beautiful... I luv you guys...sob...you are my air.. I cant breath without you sob.... you had me at hello.. you lot complete me :teeth:

On a serious note, this is the best club by far, we are one big family on here, and losing any off you does put a downer on my day. so I agree group hugs all round

By the way chesterfield, that picture does say alot, it shows what a strong club we are, even though I couldnt make that day :blush: