Sam 5R update (27/05/14)

3sjr

• 1 month later...

So since having the Z I have spent a fair bit of time and money getting it to where I want it aesthetically.

until I had an accident with a roundabout thinking I can drift...

IMG_4072_zps8683c533.jpg

I was gutted as its an original genuine Nismo front end. So the bumper went off to the best sprayer I know and the Z sat out front looking sorry for itself.

IMG_4292_zps85110fa0.jpg

• Like 1

But this is where the major update comes ;)

Everyone knows while the front bumper is off you may as well go ahead and buy a twin turbo....

A Greddy twin turbo kit came up literally 5 mins drive from me so I had to have it really.

The kit is brand new but may be missing a few bits and pieces, I intend to fit the kit myself so wish me luck, the install won't start for about a month however as I'm in exam period in uni. Also forging the engine may be a route I might go down, but we will have to see.

I know I need to adjust the steering rack for this kit to fit also so if anyone has fitted or has info on this please could you message me.

IMG_4301_zps06b83674.jpg

IMG_4300_zps45bab942.jpg

IMG_4304_zps8c53001b.jpg

I actually originally wanted to supercharge, but when this came up literally round the corner, and on student loan day. What the hell else was I meant to do... lol

This is the one on ebay haa apparently he got 5 offers the day I picked it up.

Almedia the wheels have been fitted today (well one side) thinking of taking it to japfest like this because I cant make up my mind.

Thanks Vlad and SJ :)

Tom you might be in luck, I will let you know.

THE CAR WILL BE FOR SALE FOR ONE DAY ONLY AT JAPFEST, if it doesn't go its going in the garage for the twin turbo.

I actually originally wanted to supercharge, but when this came up literally round the corner, and on student loan day. What the hell else was I meant to do... lol

This is the one on ebay haa apparently he got 5 offers the day I picked it up.

Almedia the wheels have been fitted today (well one side) thinking of taking it to japfest like this because I cant make up my mind.

Thanks Vlad and SJ :)

Tom you might be in luck, I will let you know.

THE CAR WILL BE FOR SALE FOR ONE DAY ONLY AT JAPFEST, if it doesn't go its going in the garage for the twin turbo.

How much?

• 3 weeks later...

So a big change of heart meant that the Z has stayed with me but the twin turbo had to go to free up funds.

Haven't had a lot going on lately but the Z went up on the ramp for a change in decats, went from Japspeed to Megan racing resonated ones. Then I absolutely hated the gold callipers, why gold ? So they went black to tie in with the rest of the car. Then while the spray cans were out the front of the engine went black and also the little trims under the windows were showing wear signs so they got sprayed also.

here are some pics on whats been happening.

IMG_4649_zps3a8ab978.jpg

IMG_4648_zps780facc4.jpgIMG_4650_zps3c400c85.jpgIMG_4651_zpsfe754517.jpgIMG_4652_zps522f79cb.jpgIMG_4698_zps93d33c41.jpgIMG_4653_zps076f62db.jpgIMG_4654_zps14859c50.jpgIMG_4695_zps5c536a27.jpgIMG_4709_zps8ff83d64.jpg

good work Sam :) also happy to see you're keeping the zed :D:yahoo: How come the change of heart?

I don't really get the gold calipers, bet they'll look nice in black with the wheels on. Good work on the engine bay as well, see this done on a few zeds now and it makes a big difference i think. Will need some dry weather so i can attempt the same.

Hows the front bumper now?

O and how do you find the different decats?

Edited by wizurd