water methanol injection kit

alexdax

Mine is in the intake before the TB - the NOS is after the TB direct into the plenum.

I get det at 3000rpm without the water on so it makes a big difference (I also run cosworth 11:1 pistons).

More power is in theroy available if I go 50/50 meth but as my tuner said - with a small tank if you run out and it's mapped for water/meth you run a good chance of engine damage - so would need to get the bigger tank and get it remapped.

Going to drop a pulley size on the SC first and see what she maps to :) (But that will be next year I'll live with my 450WHP + NOS for now :evil::lol:

Edited by Keyser

So it sprays water into the intake? Is that right? I thought water going into the intake would be a bad thing as it doesnt compress?

Not compressing is a good thing ;)

OK we are talking minute amounts here it's not a hose pipe running into the inlet it is a mist sprayed into the inlet air stream, this cools the air. The air is very hot from the SC and even with an IC still hot enough to cause det if, like me, you are stupid enough to run high comp pistons and after market cams.

The water turns to steam in the cylinder and should not cause any damage the "not compressing" has been referred to as the steam engine effect - in the good old days they ran engines on steam and it can (as it becomes superheated steam by the fuel burn) increase down force on the piston and therefore torque - the reality is if it does you probably wouldn't read the figures on a dyno its not enough in there.

But again we go back to its cooling properties - that's what I use it for and it works 2 tuners on 2 dyno machines can detect knock without the water so I'm keeping it :)

I see. I always thought any water was a no no as it would cause hydro lock. so is it basicly like an injector into your intercooler pipe? how big is your tank keyser? do you need to refill it often? so I take it if its meth instead of water that will burn and produce more power?. do you run an intercooler spray aswell?

It is exactly that an injector into the inlet pipe just up after the MAF before the TB. I have a 5l tank - they do a 25l tank as well Tony420 has that one :thumbs:

I fill it every 3 - 4 tanks of fuel (depends how I drive) use more on track than on road of course :)

Don't have an IC spray

Hydro lock takes a lot, lot more water than I'm using

normally you run a 50/50 mix (varies) meth will give you better cooling and increase octane level so you can map in more power as well :thumbs:

So it sprays water into the intake? Is that right? I thought water going into the intake would be a bad thing as it doesnt compress?

Not compressing is a good thing ;)

OK we are talking minute amounts here it's not a hose pipe running into the inlet it is a mist sprayed into the inlet air stream, this cools the air. The air is very hot from the SC and even with an IC still hot enough to cause det if, like me, you are stupid enough to run high comp pistons and after market cams.

The water turns to steam in the cylinder and should not cause any damage the "not compressing" has been referred to as the steam engine effect - in the good old days they ran engines on steam and it can (as it becomes superheated steam by the fuel burn) increase down force on the piston and therefore torque - the reality is if it does you probably wouldn't read the figures on a dyno its not enough in there.

But again we go back to its cooling properties - that's what I use it for and it works 2 tuners on 2 dyno machines can detect knock without the water so I'm keeping it :)

K how London did kit take to fit ?