water methanol injection kit

alexdax

Mine is in the intake before the TB - the NOS is after the TB direct into the plenum.

I get det at 3000rpm without the water on so it makes a big difference (I also run cosworth 11:1 pistons).

More power is in theroy available if I go 50/50 meth but as my tuner said - with a small tank if you run out and it's mapped for water/meth you run a good chance of engine damage - so would need to get the bigger tank and get it remapped.

Going to drop a pulley size on the SC first and see what she maps to :) (But that will be next year I'll live with my 450WHP + NOS for now :evil::lol:

what psi are you making to get 450WHP???? is it wheel horse power???

• 1 month later...

You should get it tuned before running the watermeth as this will lean out your afr`s. Are you running a piggyback ecu? If not how are you going to failsafe the tune if the injection fails or runs out?

I ran water meth on my SC`d MX5 & it enabled me to unleash another 25-30 horny stallions :teeth:

Mine is in the intake before the TB - the NOS is after the TB direct into the plenum.

I get det at 3000rpm without the water on so it makes a big difference (I also run cosworth 11:1 pistons).

More power is in theroy available if I go 50/50 meth but as my tuner said - with a small tank if you run out and it's mapped for water/meth you run a good chance of engine damage - so would need to get the bigger tank and get it remapped.

Going to drop a pulley size on the SC first and see what she maps to :) (But that will be next year I'll live with my 450WHP + NOS for now :evil::lol:

It that all?

• 2 weeks later...

You should get it tuned before running the watermeth as this will lean out your afr`s. Are you running a piggyback ecu? If not how are you going to failsafe the tune if the injection fails or runs out?

I ran water meth on my SC`d MX5 & it enabled me to unleash another 25-30 horny stallions :teeth:

Z in the garage until proper tuning... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Slow. Very slow lol

• 4 years later...

I used to run the AEM water injection kit, actually only used water as we were getting detonation so it was to cool the inlet air - worked as well :)

1 hour ago, wizard said:

how are you running it and what kind of setup?

It's this one: http://www.coolingmistuk.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=51

As I said it's not running properly at the mo as I haven't had time over the winter to set it up properly. Boost controller is activated from a vacuum line from the (Stillen) plenum. I have an AAM throttle body spacer and use one of the ports as the spray point.