Dealer buying cheap 350Z's and adding HUGE mark ups!

mycerbera

Been on the hunt for a nice black 350Z and I'd planned to go see a one advertised this weekend... a nice black one owner UK GT car on a 55 plate with 59k on the clock being sold by a private chap for the reasonable sum of £6,195 on the Autotrader, so I ring the guy up to find I'd just been beaten to it...

Then what happens today... it pops up on eBay for £8,250!!! Ok so it now has some RAYS alloys added to it but otherwise it is the same car.

So yet again another person misses out on a nice genuine well priced private example.

RANT over!

Edited by mycerbera

Been on the hunt for a nice black 350Z and I'd planned to go see a one advertised this weekend... a nice black one owner UK GT car on a 55 plate with 59k on the clock being sold by a private chap for the reasonable sum of £6,195 on the Autotrader, so I ring the guy up to find I'd just been beaten to it...

Then what happens today... it pops up on eBay from a certain dealer who seems to have lots of 350Z's for sale, and it is now up for £8,250!!! Ok so it now has some RAYS alloys added to it (which he prob had knocking about from another tired 350Z he had in stock...), but otherwise it is the same car that he prob gave £6k for... or even less!

So yet again another person misses out on a nice genuine well priced private example to a greedy trader!!

Gutted... Sorry is it just me who feels like this!?

RANT over!

That's how the motor industry works. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

• Like 4

Fair and business is not always used in the same sentence, the dealer will understandably try and make as much as possible. £6200 does sound very good pricing due to the mileage and year can see why you are annoyed, so would I. I paid just under that for a 53 plate with 72,000 on the clock.

It will sell on my website for 8250 no problem.

Nothing wrong with what I am doing.

I provide:

Warranty

P3 service by JAPEX.

Full detail/valet

Freshly refurbished Rays alloys (on this car)

Finance

Credit/debit card facilities

A fully lit indoor showroom

And knowledgable (I believe) customer care with obligation or hard sell.

I devote all my work time, and more, sourcing these cars in good condition in the specs people want.

Retail price for this car is 8250 and its worth every penny.

GREG - TRADELINK

• Like 4

Surely this will help keep prices good for others selling there z. Generally I would expect to buy a car of this value around £1200 cheaper privately than purchasing from a dealer. Dealers will price the car for the going rate. May I suggest you will have many inquiries if you started a used car business that is only adding £300 - £400 added to private sale prices. Purchase the car arrange pick up valet polish check mechanically add 3 months warranty advertise all for £300 - £400 Not the best business plan I have seen.