Interior grab handles/ arm rests paint colour match

iLott

Okay so my drivers one was scratched up like most of you other guys, so I decided to paint it! Tried to find a good match for the other interior silvers like the door handles and other bits of trim.

Primer

qenemeva.jpg

Paint

ba4ajahy.jpg

Lacquer

yny8uned.jpg

Now all has gone well by this point and I'm happy with the finish!

So I put it on the car to find its a terrible colour match...

ezyteqeg.jpg

So I was just wondering has anyone got a good colour match for all the other silver bits in the car?

Any help appreciated!

Dan

Good work, shame you are not happy with the match. Is there a wrap out there with matching paint codes?

I looked a couple of years ago and it was "close but no cigar" PM RTP & RTC, they both have access to vinyl suppliers :)
  • Like 1

You certainley have done a good job there ilott

Thanks man! It's my first proper paint job and it seems I'm a natural haha :) trouble is there is quite a lot of silver in the car that would have to be changed! And the armrest comes out sooo easily! Think ill take a trip down to halfords and see if I can find some of that Porsche flat silver. Doubt it though! And as for it chipping and wearing, obviously it will get some wear with it being pulled closed etc. but I don't wear rings or anything so hopefully it will last a lot longer than the original soft cheese arm rests!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

Dan

• 3 years later...

Ahhh I need to do this. Mine aren't silver like yours they're dark grey/black, don't know where to start with what to buy. All of the guides I seem to find recommend some paint that's only sold in the USA! If anybody wants to point me in the right direction :)

• 2 months later...

If somebody gives me a clue on how to remove the switch finisher/arm rest thingy I'll be vinyl wrapping mine...

Do you have to remove the complete door card or does it just snap/press fit??

If somebody gives me a clue on how to remove the switch finisher/arm rest thingy I'll be vinyl wrapping mine...

Do you have to remove the complete door card or does it just snap/press fit??

Drivers door has a little cap in the bottom, one screw then pops off

Passenger side, pop off the aluminium strip in the middle of the grab handle. Behind there are 2 8mm bolts. Pull the handle off, needs a decent tug. Then just use a trim tool to pop the surround off.

Switches just clip off with a small flat head screwdriver.

Takes about 3 minutes per side.