Don't worry darling... I won't be touching this one....

benjy88

Hi guys n girls.

Well, last September i decided to get rid of the E46 325ci, because I hated it. I was desperate to get back to Japanese, after going through two Germanic vehicles. First being an Audi S3, which was great, especially up to 260hp, but nevermind...

So, I borrowed a car from work and went up to see this particular 350z, after seeing a couple of others.

This is what it looked like after I'd got it home and polished it... About a week after I bought it.

IMG-20121209-00541.jpg

A couple of months of driving and I loved it... Really was staggered by the performance, and the way it goes sideways is unreal, even on a standard setup!!

Next move was to get it up on the ramps at work, and then make a list of everything that needed doing... here's what I found...

• Exhaust system had rusted and sheared right through just before the back-box
  • The near-side lower control arm needed replacing (The knocking was unbearable)
  • It needed 2 new rear tyres (fairly obvious)
  • The Brake discs had a HUGE lip on them
  • Oil/Filter change needed
  • It had been in a small prang at some point, front near-side panel alignment was WAY out
  • No kick-up from headlights
  • Drivers' side mirror is severely cracked

That was about it really, not half as bad as I was expecting.

Will post a thread up later with what I've done so far... slowly getting there!

Ben

Right, so... This was it after I gave it a SERIOUS polish in the bay at work... Sorry about the shocking picture quality.

IMG-20130216-00603_zps4f68aab5.jpg

And then these arrived... YES, they're Japspeed, YES, they're cheaper then some, but equally - I really like the noise... :) I could've bought a second hand one of probably better quality, but I really do like the sound :) (Baffles left in, obviously)

20130510_190438_zps723fccc9.jpg

Which prompted getting the old one off... Which wasn't easy.....

20130515_170311_zps0509ed21.jpg

Next on the list was the control arm, which is now brand spanking new and shiny. Didn't bother with any images of that one...

Next was new tyres (Continental Sport 3s all round :D happy boy!) :D

And then these arrived :D even HAPPIER boy! :D :D :D

20130618_145659_zpsdd93a909.jpg

Edited by benjy88

That's all for now, will be fitting the black diamond discs at the weekend with some EBC pads. Will post some pictures when it's done. Just ordered an HKS hybrid oil filter too, so will be doing the oil/filter change at the weekend too. :)

And just so you're all mighty aware of what else I'm "not" doing to Road Runner [Yes, it's called Road Runner], here's the list:

1. Door Handles painted black

2. Wheels (Know exactly what I'm getting - but not letting on just yet...)

3. Coilovers, Tein Super Street - (waiting for a used set, so could be waiting a while for the coilovers, unless I have an AMAZING month at work...)

4. Plenum Spacer

5. Pop Charger

6. Carbon Fibre Bonnet (OEM style, but an HR one... just think it looks cleaner...)

7. Graphics (Not letting on about this either, nothing too extreme, just something fun I designed)

8. Carbon Fibre door mirrors

9. Harness Bar, probably a Graffitit Motorsports 'K' bar.

10. Spoiler (Ducktail, not a big arse one)

11. New clutch (Organic - Exedy)

Th-th-th-that's all folks!!

Edited by benjy88

[*]The near-side lower control arm needed replacing (The knocking was unbearable)

Sorry to jump in but may have answered my fault on car, was your knocking noise pretty loud when u went over tiny bumps in the road? I have knocking from passenger side wheel area when I drive

Yes mate, it was shocking... got worse n worse, you can replace the bush itself, but that's even more of a pain in the arse, so I just bought a whole new arm.

Here's one :)

[*]The near-side lower control arm needed replacing (The knocking was unbearable)

Sorry to jump in but may have answered my fault on car, was your knocking noise pretty loud when u went over tiny bumps in the road? I have knocking from passenger side wheel area when I drive

Edited by benjy88

Yes mate, it was shocking... got worse n worse, you can replace the bush itself, but that's even more of a pain in the arse, so I just bought a whole new arm.

Here's one :)

Any idea if its dangerous knocking, or only irritable. Dont wanna drive if its going to fall off :lol:

Any idea if its dangerous knocking, or only irritable. Dont wanna drive if its going to fall off :lol:

Well, drive it carefully for a bit, if it's really that much worse then you should think about changing asap. The consequences are that it gets worse n worse until the bush comes out... then you'll brake or accelerate, and your suspension setup will cave. Which is nice. :headhurt:

Sadly I didn't have time to fit the new brake setup this weekend, as the ramp at work was being used for 'actual' work..

However, got bored anyway this afternoon, so attempted my first ever bit of spraying haha. Age old mod, but I think it looks tons better having done it :)

20130623_182359_zps51ab4247.jpg

Still a little wet, hence the patchiness (probably will turn out patchy anyway, I'm not a pro lol. But I am cheap...

20130623_191618_zpsba3e3c4b.jpg

Well, that's one more bit done.. Brakes will be fitted on Friday now - just before I head up to Silverstone for Grand Stand seats at the Formula 1 :yahoo: Yep, gloating.

Forgot to add... I did actually get the exhaust fitted in the end... Once the old one actually came off (which was not particularly easy...) The new one went on without the slightest hitch! Was surprised, as alot of people say it doesn't fit very well... But hey-ho, it's all good! Bungs went back in relatively quickly, as the MRS compained and it made my ears bleed...

20130623_202551_zpsa53ca0d6.jpg

20130623_202603_zpsdc0f8f32.jpg

Will be using a stroke of genius by another member soon and painting the bungs black so it doesn't look so @*!# :)

• Like 1

Forgot to add... I did actually get the exhaust fitted in the end... Once the old one actually came off (which was not particularly easy...) The new one went on without the slightest hitch! Was surprised, as alot of people say it doesn't fit very well... But hey-ho, it's all good! Bungs went back in relatively quickly, as the MRS compained and it made my ears bleed...

20130623_202551_zpsa53ca0d6.jpg

20130623_202603_zpsdc0f8f32.jpg

Will be using a stroke of genius by another member soon and painting the bungs black so it doesn't look so @*!# :)

cheers :teeth:

exhaustandsome011_zpsae940f75.jpg

• Like 1

So... new brakes went on today!! Along with new pads. Took me a looong time due to the front nearside caliper being siezed... but its done now.

Also did an oil n filter change, with my new HKS hybrid filter (finished in glamorous pink.. :S )

Will post pics up tomorrow!