Trial fit

bpmjames

Ok so i trial fitted my bmw wheels today and the offset is a little off, i have about 20mm of tyre showing outside the arches. Im running 20mm h&r pcd adaptors.

Oh and yes im aware it needs lowering thats next on the list.

Heres a pic or few, anyone have any ideas what i can do about the fitment? What about subtle overfenders or extended arches?

edy4etes.jpg

hamuvase.jpg

e8ubugyb.jpg

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Edited by bpmjames

Yeah but ill then have massive camber...also not good

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

From those pics it doesn't look like the camber will be that bad. Only other option is Narrower tyres and the stretched look :thumbs:

it shouldn't be too bad once you deck it.

when mine is jacked up my rear wheels must sit out a good inch and a half plus haha. I have about 5 degrees of rear camber to tuck them under lol

286776_10150749364880082_1919675_o_zps0827ae76.jpg

5 degrees is a mental amount of camber we don't even run that on our race car on slicks.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Can anyone recommend me some coiloivers that are reasonably comfortable? Also some arch extensions?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

it shouldn't be too bad once you deck it.

when mine is jacked up my rear wheels must sit out a good inch and a half plus haha. I have about 5 degrees of rear camber to tuck them under lol

286776_10150749364880082_1919675_o_zps0827ae76.jpg

Yikes. don't know which one is yours but the suspension set-up on the left hand car makes me want to roll my face around on my keyboaasdfGFDGAHGSDGhdh

Edited by CrumbMC

I went for the Dualtechs, reason being as they have rubber top mounts as opposed to pillowballs so are more compliant and comfortable, the damper is twin tune not monotube so there's a layer of protection for the piston inside especially on our roads and conditions, the inboard rear spring setup is like oem works like standard, also the rear shock towers aren't designed to have a full coilover so the load could potentially cause the towers to fail. Much like the E36 and 46 BMWs, used to have a 36 so followed the same procedure

Brilliant coilovers though! 14 way damping adjustable, loads of height adjusting available, spring preload adjustable aswell. Good thing about these are the design when lowered, no matter how low you go you won't bottom out as the travel always stays the same

Because I already had them from my Beemer and if you'd read the rest of the thread you'd realise that they won't look like that when I'm done with it.

There's a saying you know. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

I appreciate opinions and constructive criticism but theres no need to be an ass about it!

• Like 1

Because I already had them from my Beemer and if you'd read the rest of the thread you'd realise that they won't look like that when I'm done with it.

There's a saying you know. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

I appreciate opinions and constructive criticism but theres no need to be an ass about it!

It's alright mate look through any post he makes. He just moans about everything. I don't think he has ever made a nice or helpful post.