VQ35DE 05 Rev Up MPG test..

SkylineV35

On both runs i let the tank go to empty and when filled back up it took around 60litres standard unleaded,

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Saskhiteru/media/20130605_074359_zpsa1883e14.jpg.html?sort=3&o=10

210 miles on half a tank!? That works out to be 31+mpg!? This was not driving like a oap as from Glasgow to Manchester 2 1/2 hours

I went and visited Tdi North about Uprevving options and met a member from here good guy!

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Saskhiteru/media/20130605_183757_zpsd7471e91.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Then after a couple of days of messing around she was on empty again, so topped her backup with 60litres and was going to drop the speed to 2000rpm in 6th and continue my way backup to scotland but after watching yariss, corsas and golfs flying past.... then out of nowhere a Toyota Aygo undertakes me!? :nono: I swiftly took her to a steady 3500rpm and 4000rpm(for bmw and audi owners that dont like being overtaken :rant: ) and forgot all about my mpg test... :blush: but to my amazement when ia rrived back in glasgow, she was reading..

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/Saskhiteru/media/20130607_064804_zps83ce3272.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

211miles on half a tank!?

So all i can say im very pleased with my motorway mpg and then i continued the rest of tank on Urban and only managed to squeeze another 100miles out of it.. :thumbdown:

Is there any particular reason you're not using Super Unleaded? :doh: I know we've been here a 1000 times before, but it still amazes me that people use normal unleaded... presumably to save a few pence a litre. If you take the car above 5000 rpm and/or use normal unleaded the majority of the time, you are ruining your engine!! Please ignore this if your car is mapped to run on normal unleaded.

Is there any particular reason you're not using Super Unleaded? :doh: I know we've been here a 1000 times before, but it still amazes me that people use normal unleaded... presumably to save a few pence a litre. If you take the car above 5000 rpm and/or use normal unleaded the majority of the time, you are ruining your engine!! Please ignore this if your car is mapped to run on normal unleaded.

I agree! I think we should make a list of these cars just in case they pop for sale a year later with the standard "always run on super unleaded" advert. :lol:

• Like 1

That's the thing that bugs me even more... The clowns running their cars on normal unleaded won't be the one's who have to pay later when the engine need a top/bottom end rebuild and new pistons. :(

In all seriousness, we should start a sticky and add cars we know haven't been run on the proper fuel. That way potential buyers can check if they are getting a car which has been well looked after or not.

My car is totally stock and got 427 miles from the tank the other week, and that wasn't driving with MPG in mind, just normally

:headhurt: how!

The past few weeks ive been driving carfully. My route to work involved 80% dual carriageways and then some town driving.

Changing under 3,500RPM, using cruise control and (trying) to not exceed 75mph and I get a tad over 300 miles!

Edited by cs2000

Early days yet, and I don't know how accurate the trip/fuel computer is but, I am seeing 35 mpg on the half dozen 40 mile motor way trips I have made. I'm not driving like a pensioner and usually make good progress, given half the chance. :drive1:innocent:

I have used the cruise control on quite a few stretches where road works limit the speed using speed average cameras if that makes any difference. I have been surprised by the mpg, as I was expecting mid 20's.

That's the thing that bugs me even more... The clowns running their cars on normal unleaded won't be the one's who have to pay later when the engine need a top/bottom end rebuild and new pistons. :(

In all seriousness, we should start a sticky and add cars we know haven't been run on the proper fuel. That way potential buyers can check if they are getting a car which has been well looked after or not.

15989_full.jpg

Why would it be any skin off your nose what someone else runs their car on? 95 RON or 99 RON, so the car runs slightly higher compression and ideally runs more efficient on higher octane. It's not your car and probably wont make an ounce of difference to the longevity of the engine.Remember more octane doesnt give you more power and although the car is designed to run on Premium but in the case that a lower grade fuel is used it will pull ignition timing to prevent detonation. That will result in less power and less fuel economy but it won't damage it.

They were pretty much all motorway miles on a work trip. It was 1am by the time I got to Ascot and most if the petrol stations were shut so spent ages driving around on empty. I was amazed I got to fill up without running out and was proper panicking.

I'd not recommend it!

15989_full.jpg

Why would it be any skin off your nose what someone else runs their car on? 95 RON or 99 RON, so the car runs slightly higher compression and ideally runs more efficient on higher octane. It's not your car and probably wont make an ounce of difference to the longevity of the engine.Remember more octane doesnt give you more power and although the car is designed to run on Premium but in the case that a lower grade fuel is used it will pull ignition timing to prevent detonation. That will result in less power and less fuel economy but it won't damage it.

That comment was tongue in cheek, but I think there is plenty of evidence to suggest that running a Zed on 95 RON has a detrimental effect on engine life. Mark from Abbey posted the technical reasons a while ago and also had some pics of some pistons which hadn't been happy using 95 RON.

15989_full.jpg

That comment was tongue in cheek, but I think there is plenty of evidence to suggest that running a Zed on 95 RON has a detrimental effect on engine life. Mark from Abbey posted the technical reasons a while ago and also had some pics of some pistons which hadn't been happy using 95 RON.

Can you image that, Nissan developing a car that blows up when using 'normal' fuel, to be proved wrong by a few guys on a forum. :lol:

Of course I believe you though, I wouldn't want to start a big debate about it!

I guess the US cars and Zeds in other country's where fuel is even lower than 95 RON must have been mapped differently. In fact IIRC most fuel, sorry 'Gas' stations in USA have a max of 91 RON!

Edited by Dave-350

Can you image that, Nissan developing a car that blows up when using 'normal' fuel, to be proved wrong by a few guys on a forum. :lol:

Of course I believe you though, I wouldn't want to start a big debate about it!

I guess the US cars and Zeds in other country's where fuel is even lower than 95 RON must have been mapped differently. In fact IIRC most fuel, sorry 'Gas' stations in USA have a max of 91 RON!

It was Mark from Abbey who isn't just a guy from a forum. And yes, the Zed is mapped to 91 RON in the US... I suggest that you don't know as much about this as you think you do ;)

Steady on people, Bloody hell making me feel like iv filled it up with diesel there!? Only had the car for a month or two! Havent read every thread on the forum..yet!! :lol: Its an import anyway so thanks for the information i will be fueling her with vpower as i do intend to keep her for alongtime... zed with 4seats :teeth:

My 582mile run over the weekend saw me get 490 of those miles until the fuel light came on

:ban: Seriously, I suspect some kind of secret hidden fuel cell! lol. My average MPG for the past 3 months is 26... :(

All motorways apart from about 3miles of 30mph, no traffic whatsoever so was a nice steady cruise