ZED - FEST 2013

As a friendly warning/bit of advice to people who are going to Zed Fest. In the last year, there have been several average speed cameras put in along the A6097, they start from the Roundabout in Lowdham if you are travelling from the south to the show. Also there is often a mobile speed camera around Gunthorpe bridge but sometimes it is between the bridge and Lowdham roundabout.

To put it simply, if you are travelling along the A46 to the show, once you turn off the A46 do not speed (assuming you are going along the A6097 and not through Nottingham city itself).

If you are travelling from the North, there are a couple of roads with average speed cameras on but plenty of warnings and they stand out so you will see them far ahead.

Don't want ot put anybody off but if I can save you from getting a ticket I can.

• Like 1

Cheers Jell36. Not that we'll be speeding, but it's handy to have warning of where cameras may be.

Nice way of using your 350th post - have a free sticker as a reward :thumbs:

If you're down there Andy then give me a shout, I only live 20 mins away so I can pop down when ever.

Jell (James?) I've added you to a PM chain. Hoping to be there about midday Satdee, and again at somepoint on Sunday. I think Rothers, Ken and possibly Shire are coming over too from our way.

Might pop down Saturday myself to see you guys.

I assume those of us turning up satdee and sundee for a few hours each day can just pay a fiver per-person each day? No need to buy a full weekend ticket each is there?

EDIT - will be good to see you again Neil!

Edited by andyvvc

I am popping in for a flying visit on Saturday (en route to my parents' in Leicestershire) to talk to Arkwright, Mad Marco and Alex about club merchandise if they are there :) If anyone else would like to give feedback on the proposed new products your input would be very welcome. Thanks :thumbs:

Annie

Cheers Jell36. Not that we'll be speeding, but it's handy to have warning of where cameras may be.

Nice way of using your 350th post - have a free sticker as a reward :thumbs:

:lol: Didn't even realise it was my 350th post, I'll have to find out how I get a sticker and display it with pride :thumbs:

Good to meet up again, Martin,Andy/Lydia and Neil.

Annie, will you be able to join us Sunday.

No contact from Martinmac, was due to be around Friday evening ?

If you can get to this come along. It's a chance to see some 240' 260' 280s and 300s. What about you lads from the Lincoln area.

Remember this tends to start breaking up mid afternoon

I should be at Calverton again (Sunday) before 9am.

sorry for checking in so late!

was brilliant to meet some of you on sunday!!! Really looking forward to coming along to another 1 :-)

sorry i had to rush off at dinner too :-( my brother was going back to base and is off on exercise for 3 months (royal marine) so i wanted to get back to see him off!

Ben