ZED - FEST 2013

ZED – FEST 13

Once again I am pleased to announce that the above event will be held at Sherbrooke Scout Camp, Mansfield Lane, Calverton, Notts. NG14 6HP on Friday, Saturday and Sunday,9, 10,11 August 2013. Please note that the date has been brought further forward to avoid the clash with JAE.

For those of you who are new to Sherbrooke there are 22 acres of grassland plus a five acre wood.. There is one clean but basic toilet block with loos, wash basins and showers. There is a modern barn and social centre with outside patio area and picnic benches. Oil drum BBQ’s are freely available.

We will have excellent catering on site. All main meals plus snacks will be available at reasonable cost between 8am and 10pm. There will not be a bar this year. You are encouraged to provide your own drinks (we do request that you try to avoid glass bottles). We will hold an inter club sports competition with some “easy†motoring related sports. Your cars will be on show for the whole event and judging will be held on Sunday lunchtime followed by prizegiving. Fancy dress on Saturday night is optional.

Background music for the entire event will be provided by our very own DJZ complete with lazer and smoke show. There will be dancing on Friday and Saturday nights.

There will be an entry fee charged of £15 per person for the event. You can pay at the gate. Camping will be £2.50 per person per night. Caravans & mobile homes admitted at extra charge ( hook-ups are now available). Small children and pets free. Local hotels and B&B’s are available but you are requested to make your own arrangements. Please be aware that the main paddock where you will park up and pitch your tents will be a ‘quiet area’ All gazebos etc for evening gatherings should be set up in the central paddock to avoid undue noise and disturbance.

TRADERS; All club traders are invited to attend. You can set up your own display, big or small for a donation of £20 for the whole event. Come and meet your customers in a friendly convivial atmosphere. It’s good to see the voice on the phone or the finger on the keyboard. If you don’t want to set up a display a gazebo and a banner will suffice just come along and show your customers who you are.

Free car booting for non traders to get rid of those useful parts you no longer need.

Once again I will need the help of volunteers to assist with the smooth running. It is always good to see new faces helping out.

There is still much to plan and new ideas are always welcome. Please mark these dates on your calendar, this will be a weekend to remember. Further information will be circulated as it becomes available.

All enquiries to me, “Arkwright†email: shop@zclub.net

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who don’t want to make a full weekend of it but would like to enter the car show on Sunday the entry fee will be £5. Hot food and drinks or soft drinks will be available from 8am. Cars will be judged from 11am

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the LakeZ weekend was great, I had a really good time.

Unforunately it just got expensive as some local scumbag didnt like the fact that we have some nice cars. With the skillful use of a key he damages all my carbon fibre panels. :banghead:

So the car will be going into the body shop when I get home at the end of the month.

I will still be at Zedfest though in the scooby :teeth:

no traders booked so far. Get there as early as you can leave as late as you can. It's open from 2pm Friday until 6pm Sunday.

BTW for those of you who are tentless Tesco has a sale on. small jobbees from £10

Derek or I will try to get the lists up from all the forums nearer the time. There are quite a few owners of the older models that dont do t'internet though and just use the posted Z club newsletter to keep them up to date.

Keep the noise down when you arrive on Sunday morning mate, tradition dictates that by this time I will be feeling a little delicate. :lol:

Keep the noise down when you arrive on Sunday morning mate, tradition dictates that by this time I will be feeling a little delicate. :lol:

Will do mate :thumbs:

(Shhh, no one tell Martin I've just fitted a K1).:shutup:

• Like 1

A fair few arrive on the Friday and the evening is a chilled few lemonades and a laugh. Saturday is the busiest day and I really enjoy the Saturday night, a good chance to catch up with people I dont get to see that often. Sunday is show and shine day. I try to do the whole weekend but it takes me most of it to work out how to use the tent, find my car keys and get someone to make me a walking stick. :lol:

Hope to make at least one of the days :) - anyone else going over from West Midlands?

A few of us are planning on taking a drive up to Zedfest on the Sunday morning. The route will more than likely include the M42 and then M1. If anyone wants to rendezvous with us along the way, feel free to add your name to the list here: http://www.350z-uk.c...n-sun-11th-aug/

:thumbs:

Erm,YES! :lol::teeth: