The Donkey is now truly Fierce

fiercedonkey

As some of you may know my car has been with WRC-Technologies (Silverstone) for a little while having a full re-build done with forged internals etc.

The project has been managed and all work / mapping done by WRC-T with the engine-build being done by Duncan McLellan of DMC-Engines, amongst other projects he built all the FQ-400 units for Mitsubishi.

http://www.dmcengines.com/about.htm

Spec as follows:

Engine

Hks forged pistons with keronite coated crowns

Hks forged conrods

Nitrided crankshaft, ground & balanced

Hks steel head gaskets

Arp head stud kit

Acl tri - metal main bearings

Acl tri - metal conrod bearings

Iridium plugs

Heads – stock, cleaned/de-coked

APS Extreme Performance Full Return Fuel System:

Twin billet alloy high volume fuel rails

twin boost referenced 4 Bar fuel pressure regulators

replacement in-tank twin fuel pump anti-surge tank

880cc fuel injectors.

Teflon lined stainless steel braided fuel lines

HKS F-Con V-Pro ECU

HKS EVC-V boost controller

APS-Twin Turbo kit:

Twin Garrett GT Series Turbos

APS Plenum

APS Strut Brace

APS Intercooler

3 ½â€

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prescience

Fantastic mate :teeth::thumbs: Hats off to WRCT

As an aside, did you have the APS on before with stock internals and if so, what condition were the rods/pistons etc in when stripped down?

Yes did have the APS on before. Was fantastic in this format too - now just slightly mental!

Engine internals looked absolutely fine to the naked eye when they came out. Obviously can't comment on whether there was any sign of fatigue at the molecular level.

But then WRCT send their cars out with a conservative map! Safe fun in other words. With a proper map this settup should be safe, and Chris is certainly very tallented when it comes to mapping! WRC-T have done quite a few of these now on the stock motor without issue to date.

It was running 400hp/400 lb-ft before - enough for a big smile.

Cheers Nick

Awesome mate... :thumbs:

That's a lot of torque and also a very nice flat one too. Must feel totally mad. The bhp curve is also impressive. I suspect this engine could produce much more too if needed as I suspect that was quite a low boost? 1.5 bar my guess?

What you planning to do with it BTW. Track, strip maybe? Would also be interested in rough costs?

That's a lot of torque and also a very nice flat one too. Must feel totally mad. The bhp curve is also impressive. I suspect this engine could produce much more too if needed as I suspect that was quite a low boost? 1.5 bar my guess?

What you planning to do with it BTW. Track, strip maybe? Would also be interested in rough costs?

Am at work till late tonight but will post the HP/PSI chart when I get home.

Will be doing a few track days this year, but this is also my daily driver. Actually is quite docile if you're light with the right foot.

I will be at Silverstone June 3rd for the parade lap - The car will also be on a the WRC-Technology stand that day.

Nick

this is also my daily driver.

:scare: