The Donkey is now truly Fierce

fiercedonkey

I'd love to be able to drop my car off with a bootful of cash and comeback to a 500+ bhp beast and it be 100% reliable

A simple (and unrealistic) request I know but thats the only real way I would bother going FI :)

you said it mate... unrealistic unfortunately

Unless you get a 500bhp car that has got those power levels from factory :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just under 17.5 psi which is 1.2 bar

Wow, 2 bar should be 900 bhp++.... :thumbs:

Do it, do it.....:lol:

Boost controller, 1.2 to 2 bar?..... :scare:

you are going to need an APS Extreme kit (or something with a bigger set of turbos anyway) for that kind of powers (that's what they run on the 4.2L stroked APS TT EXtreme on NitrouZ's car in the US and they push iro 850bhp, don't know which levels of boost though. The ownesr drives it allegedly every day though, so it can't be too extreme :lol:

I'd love to be able to drop my car off with a bootful of cash and comeback to a 500+ bhp beast and it be 100% reliable

A simple (and unrealistic) request I know but thats the only real way I would bother going FI :)

you said it mate... unrealistic unfortunately

Unless you get a 500bhp car that has got those power levels from factory :)

M5 or M6..... ;)

Yes but it's the torque that is so phenominal with this settup and what ultimately is the true measure of in gear acceleration.

Check this comparison out!

With respect, that's the power/torque at the wheels and not necessarily what's transferred onto the road. Some these cars you are comparing to have 4 wheel drive and all were design to handle much more power and torque, so real world performance is about traction and handling.

So in summary in the real world I think a Veyron and many others on your list will be quicker.

You should see a big power RWD Cossie doing a standing quarter. All wheel spin and smoke.....:lol:

Yes but it's the torque that is so phenominal with this settup and what ultimately is the true measure of in gear acceleration.

With respect, that's the power/torque at the wheels and not necessarily what's transferred onto the road. Some these cars you are comparing to have 4 wheel drive and all were design to handle much more power and torque, so real world performance is about traction and handling.

So in summary in the real world I think a Veyron and many others on your list will be quicker.

You should see a big power RWD Cossie doing a standing quarter. All wheel spin and smoke.....:lol:

Point taken - this was merely to demonstrate the torque delivered from FI application. Of course most of the cars on that list have significant engineering behind them, but look at the price tag. Having said that once you get to the higher gears where the torque is multipled down by the transmission and WOT on-boost is manageable then I think you will see it surprise a few big name cars.

Certainly application of power is tricky. Have driven it in the dry for first time today and on full boost will break loose on the straight in everything up to 4th!!!

4th/5th are probably the most exciting gears - will just about stick with care and the pull is frankly somewhat mental :teeth:

BTW - Would love to see the Cossie sometime, another animal altogether I'm sure ;)

BTW - Would love to see the Cossie sometime, another animal altogether I'm sure ;)

Sure thing, where abouts are you. I'm Derbyshire. It would be nice to see the 2 a the track. Would be a hard call as the Cossie as a weight advantage but nowhere near the torque and a very peaky power and torque curve. I'm hoping to do a track day at Donington in July ish.

Sure thing, where abouts are you. I'm Derbyshire. It would be nice to see the 2 a the track. Would be a hard call as the Cossie as a weight advantage but nowhere near the torque and a very peaky power and torque curve. I'm hoping to do a track day at Donington in July ish.

Derbyshire is quite a long way from here unfortunately. Am going to the Silverstone event on 3rd June if you're going to that.

Derbyshire is quite a long way from here unfortunately. Am going to the Silverstone event on 3rd June if you're going to that.

No sorry, I'm away then too.

I'll post up when I book in the next track day as a few were interested in a passenger ide... :thumbs:

man that sounds like a sweet ride and rapid as u no what !

just picked up my z saturday thinking of getting the aps turbo kit as well but need to get used to the car first.

thinkin of exhaust aps plenium and brace.

what does there exhuast system sound like ?

:thumbs: