Fitting Mrev2 manifold and Spacer..

SkylineV35

Hey just wondering if theres a diy in this forum that i have overlooked? :blink: Planning to d.iy. found some videos on youtube is it really necessary to change gaskets, use loctite on washers and use torque wrench? Should it just be a case of bolt on and get an uprev? Also issit worth getting the iso thermal spacers and thermal throttlebody gasket considering i live in scotland?

Much appreciated

Saskhi

MREV2 is as simple as unbolt.

D89F3C20-9608-4F9C-8464-C875EFA1E242-11711-000007BAA652ADD7.jpg

And bolt back on.

0986ccb5.jpg

Loctite is discretionary I don't but totally up to you.

Torque wrench (as per other post)

Thermal, probably not, unless you're prone to very cold weather.

From the motordyne website:

The new Iso Thermal system combines our aluminum plenum spacer with thermal management components that substantially reduce upper and lower plenum temperatures. Cooler intake air temperatures increase air density, reduce the tendency for detonation (ping) and that increases engine power.

The first component is an Aramid thermal isolating gasket that is installed between the lower plenum and intake manifold. By installing the Iso Thermalâ„¢ Aramid gasket between the intake manifold and lower plenum the heat transfer is significantly reduced and both the upper and lower plenum assembly run at much lower temperatures.

The second component is a throttle body Coolant Control Valve (CCV) that allows you to heat (or not heat) the plenum assembly. With local weather temperatures below 55’F the valve is left open. In warmer weather the valve can be closed for maximum performance benefits.

The third thermal management component is the new Iso Thermal plenum internal supports. The plenum internal supports are self retaining and self sealing.

The fourth thermal management component is the Copper Throttle Body heater. It's an optional plug and play, set and forget component that can be used in place of the Coolant Control Valve (CCV). It doesn't matter how hot or cold the weather is, you don't have to adjust a valve based on the season or ambient temperatures. Just install it and the throttle body remains heated and the plenum remains cool.

Edited by Wasso

I would only get the lower intake manifold gasket if you are getting a spacer as they come with one (motordyne) I wouldnt use lock tight for any of the bolts in this job (had mine off many times and never used it). Thermal throttle body aint worth it in scotland but a torque wrench is a good investment, just make sure you get one that goes low enough as the bolts dont need much force.

The motordyne one that came with mine was a thermal gasket but I swaped to an oem item when I was fitting my injectors as its easy to get a hold of and a wise idea to replace if its been on awhile. Have you downloaded the service manual? Its a well worth reading, as it gives you all the info you could ever want. I think the lowest torque required is 15-17. I will check in the morning when I am home from work. Think I bought a silverline torque wrench off amazon for 30quid, as above I will check once I get home.

That's a pretty decent one, hence the price. I have two, one 6 inch one from 20-50nm and one longer one from 40-200 ish whoch is good for suspension parts and wheels :)

A tool I never really needed, but always wanted, but you don't want to crack the plenum so id invest in one! also, spark plugs should be tightened to 19nm, so always good to have a low range torque wrench on hand for that job

Ah thats the ticket il ask them at harlfords! Would get the one from amazon but im impatient lol. Thanks :thumbs: :thumbs: Yeah i never did my spark plugs with torque wrench might just take them out and and redo them.

il look for the service manual, did you mean motordyne or nissan one?

You can get the halfords torque wrench (New) on eBay for about £55 if you search. I guess if you don't want to wait, then you can pick one up in store. I have an 8-60 and a 60-300 and they are really well made.

iv just read the motordyne manual and its said 40inchlb then 80inchlb then 100inchlb, what is that in Nm i had a look at the harlfords one and i think it only goes to 6-45lbft/8-60Nm is lbft the same as inchlb? :surrender:

just found this..

*Note: To convert inch-pounds to foot-pounds, simply divide by 12 inches to convert to feet.

Its been a long time since iv done any maths:

am i correct in assuming 100inchlb / 12 = 8.33 therefore the harlfords 6-45lbft/ 8-60Nm would be ideal? :wacko:

Edited by SkylineV35

Its a small Laser 5-25Nm torque wrench I got off amazon and a big silverline one that goes to 250Nm.

I think the lowest torque required is around 5-6 Nm. Its a nissan manual I got off my350z or here somewhere.

Edited by evilscorp

Its a small Laser 5-25Nm torque wrench I got off amazon and a big silverline one that goes to 250Nm.

I think the lowest torque required is around 5-6 Nm. Its a nissan manual I got off my350z or here somewhere.

Aww crap... i just ordered this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-34570-3-8-Square-Drive-10-80-Nm-or-88-5-708-In-lb-Ratchet-Torque-Wrench-/171005497137?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item27d0b8cf31

The lowest is 10Nm on that ratchet, but i was thinking the..

' *40 Inch-lbs in the numerical order shown on the following page. Then torque all the bolts to *80 Inch-lbs. Then re-torque bolts to *100 Inch-lbs '

Could i not skip out the 40 inch-lbs and just lightly hand tighten first then start at 80inch-lbs then retorque 100 inch-lbs?

Think this is the link for the manual, it should give you every setting you need, just finger tighten then go to 10nm I guess, http://www.350z-tech...p/Service_Guide

(at work again so using phone which aint the best)

the link didnt work but i searched online is it this one the same as your link?

http://www.allcarmanuals.com/data/files/manuals/nissan/2003-nissan-350z-owners-manual.pdf