Keeping Clean Between Washes

Jp606

Hi,

Just wondering what you use to keep your cars looking nice between washes? With my previous car, I washed weekly and between the washes I used to just wipe it over with a micro fibre cloth when it got surface dust over it. I did have some Autoglym Rapid Detailer to use with it, but it used to leave a horrible streaky mess behind.

Obviously this isn't the best method to use as wiping the cloth over a good paintwork finish could introduce small scratch marks, my previous car had swirl marks over it so I wasn't too fussed but my Z has been absolutely babied by the previous owner and is in immaculate condition so I want to keep this up.

As with my previous car I'll keep up a regular claying, polish, wax etc routine, but just want something to keep it looking nice and shiny between washes. As you can probably tell I can't stand a dirty car!!

Thanks in advance.

Me too. Love this stuff after Waxybox switched me on to it. I give her a very light pressure wash first to shift any sizeable surface contaminets, quick dry, bang this on. Simples.

http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc-product=qed

When wiping detailer from the car getting not that easy and takes some force to do it means time to wash and wax your car again...Usually I use detailer for the whole 5-6 days and then wash and wax car properly again..

With this shity weather sometimes you cant even wash you car properly!

Edited by Dashurik
  • Like 1

Snow foam simples.

Great for a quick simple clean. Finish with QD and microfibre. Use one cloth to apply and one to dry. I'll probably use 6 towels in total, 4 to apply and 2 to dry.

Snow foam simples.

Great for a quick simple clean. Finish with QD and microfibre. Use one cloth to apply and one to dry. I'll probably use 6 towels in total, 4 to apply and 2 to dry.

20 mins above. So no great hassle.

QD on the panels.

do you apply the qd to the cloths or straight to the car?

I'm still learning so I do as instructed by the product, especially ones I don't know. Some say panel then wipe, some to cloth then wipe, others say can do either. I'm sure one of the experienced detail heads will be along shortly to advise!

No offence but the time you use quick detailers, microfibre's etc, would it not be quicker just washing the car. I can honestly rince wash and rinse and dry in 15 minutes flat, lol.

How much you charging!

Mind you, it's doable, the Zed is not that big surface wise, I could prolly do it in 20mins if was just a wash, rinse and dry using snowfoam

No offence but the time you use quick detailers, microfibre's etc, would it not be quicker just washing the car. I can honestly rince wash and rinse and dry in 15 minutes flat, lol.

How much you charging!

Mind you, it's doable, the Zed is not that big surface wise, I could prolly do it in 20mins if was just a wash, rinse and dry using snowfoam

I must be getting old.

How much you charging!

I must be getting old.

Well, it's the setting up the gear for washing and the clear up after that takes a few more mins, but the wash itself..... :lol:

How much you charging!

I must be getting old.

Well, it's the setting up the gear for washing and the clear up after that takes a few more mins, but the wash itself..... :lol:

I tend to use the 2 Bucket method, but cant stoop down to do the sills, bumpers and wheels.

So I tend to sit on the deck and shuffle my way round the car.

Then I have to ring a neighbour to come and pick me up again lol!

Edited by 4RE Leather
  • Like 1

How much you charging!

£10, lol. If you read my thread from earlier you'll see why!

Edited by stuarty