Using snow foam

bpmjames

http://www.polishedb...wer-demo-video/

Not the cheapest that's for sure but this stuff is awesome!

Agreed, it's wonderful stuff this but I'm too cheap for this to be general use. :lol: It does make a great wax-friendly TFR though.

what about this ? (quick search on halfords)

http://www.halfords....tegoryId_262358

Detergent based so best keep it away from rubber and it will probably strip wax. (fairy liquid is a detergent)

I've no idea about this stuff specifically, but being detergent based isn't necessarily an issue - all others mentioned already are detergent based too. :thumbs:

what about this ? (quick search on halfords)

http://www.halfords....tegoryId_262358

Detergent based so best keep it away from rubber and it will probably strip wax. (fairy liquid is a detergent)

The idea is that you want it detergent based, so it strips all the old wax and everything else off. I have used fairy liquid as an APC on mine and others cars before carrying out any paint correction. Here's a car I did on Tuesday for a member of another club in in.

CD55DACF_zpsa3c573d7.jpg

6CDE81F6_zps1a84da7a.jpg

22A79BED_zps1e142081.jpg

048D07C9_zps433a2040.jpg

03C0E290_zps3202f263.jpg

This car was covered in scratches and swirls beforehand.

1. Snow foamed

2. Rinsed

3. APC washed

4. Rinsed

5. Clayed

6. APC washed

7. Rinsed

8. Machine polished

9. APC washed

10. Rinsed

11. Dried

12. FK1000P wax

Maybe a bit excessive but achieved a good result :)

It's worth noting that most washing up liquids contain salt. Chances are this will cause light marring, so it depends if you're intending to polish after stripping the wax... but then the polish will remove an LSP anyway, so it seems redundant. There are better/safer things to use than washing up liquid in my opinion.

Well I don't think that is much effective to cleaning properly a car because mostly it clean the soft stain but those which are really hard to remove are still left on the body of the car. So I think other liquid cleaner are more good then snow foam because that is also very expensive.

Well I don't think that is much effective to cleaning properly a car because mostly it clean the soft stain but those which are really hard to remove are still left on the body of the car. So I think other liquid cleaner are more good then snow foam because that is also very expensive.

Snowfoam is not meant to be a full wash solution, but rather the first stage of a wash where you pull loose surface dirt off the paintwork without causing any damage to it.

Snow foam isn't that expensive since you buy the solution in 5 ltr canisters at a time, but only use like an inches worth in a one ltr snowfoam lance bottle, so it does go a long way in my opinion.

A good snow foam, left to dwell for long enough, will also soften the more baked on grime making it easier to remove with a pressure washer leaving less muck on the car for the actual wash stage. Not to mention that I would prefer to remove as much dirt as possible before touching the paint at all.

And as you can make roughly 2000 litres for about £30, it really isn't that expensive.

Leaving it to dwell is a bit of a problem for me. The foam goes on thick but due to the wax on the car it pretty much all runs off over about 5 minutes of dwelling. What can i do about this?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

If the foam's not sticking, the dirt won't stick much either. It's the same with mine, in that the LSP prevents the longer dwell times that some people get, but with the right foam it still removes a good amount of dirt - it does vary quite a lot between different foams though.

The only thing you can really do about it is give it a second hit of foam. I've found better results from rinsing between snow foams when I've felt the need to give it a second hit rather than just 'topping up' (as it were) the foam on the car without rinsing.