Using snow foam

bpmjames

Hey peeps.

I had a search but couldnt find what im looking for.

I just bought my first snow foam lance and some valet pro ph neutral foam but i have no idea how to use it. Is there a guide anywhere telling you how much foam to use? Best coverage methods etc?

Thanks jim

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

You probably could, but on my fairly small Nilfisk pressure washer I just turn the mix up to max thickness and then adjust the nozzle to an acceptable fan spread. Can cover the car 3 times with that.

Few things to add.

Dont use snow foam in very cold conditions, it will freeze onto your car! (yes I did do this once)

I put an inch of snow foam in a bottle, then add 2 shots of car shampoo, then top up with warm water.

As for flow rates blah blah blah, just fiddle until you get the best foam, some people try to make the simplest of things seem complicated.

Pretty much what everyone on here has said already. i bought a lance from CYC.com last year, having never used one before. Filled with an inch of foam and a couple of shots of shampoo and fiddled with the settings until I got a nice foam (About 30 seconds... it really is pretty simple).

Put an inch of foam solution in the bottle, top up with warm water, connect to pressure washer and fiddle with spread/mix controls till you get a nice foam!

Or half an inch to make half a bottle. If your tight like me. :blush:

When you have used it all up,take the bottle off and run water through the head to rinse it out. ;) ( away from the car)

For thick foam turn the knob towards - till the end.

The +/- on the mixer knob indicates how much water you want in the mix,

Less water = thicker foam

And as mentioned before, make sure to rinse thru the lance after usage with the bottle off and the knob turned all the way to +.

This avoids build up of gunk inside the lance, especially the metal mesh that makes the foam.

Other than that, happy foaming :thumbs:

This avoids build up of gunk inside the lance, especially the metal mesh that makes the foam.

Although if you do get a build up and find you're losing foaming performance (it's usually because the gauze needs cleaning) just run some APC through it (whilst doing the arches as stated before). Easier than taking it apart to clean. ;)

Although if you do get a build up and find you're losing foaming performance (it's usually because the gauze needs cleaning) just run some APC through it (whilst doing the arches as stated before). Easier than taking it apart to clean. ;)

Good tip right there, I replaced the gauze once and it's deffo a job that requires a vice (I smoke but that didn't work)

• Like 1