A year or two down the line -what car next?

rickya

Ive read that as well.. But all the national car mags have only had the little engined one..

Will be interestiing to see what they say about the 3.2 with the 4 wheel drive, i should think it sounds as good as the 350 if not very different!

I dont dare ask for a test drive just yet! (Mind you I already have the brochre!)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive read that as well.. But all the national car mags have only had the little engined one..

Will be interestiing to see what they say about the 3.2 with the 4 wheel drive, i should think it sounds as good as the 350 if not very different!

I dont dare ask for a test drive just yet! (Mind you I already have the brochre!)

But the mags all thought the smaller engined Brera the sweeter car. The performance has got to be better on the 3.2 but there's the extra weight of the engine and the 4wd to factor in. It'll be a lot slower than a Zed! The heavy nose will make it understeer more too.

But its soooooooo pretty!

But the mags all thought the smaller engined Brera the sweeter car. The performance has got to be better on the 3.2 but there's the extra weight of the engine and the 4wd to factor in. It'll be a lot slower than a Zed! The heavy nose will make it understeer more too.

But its soooooooo pretty!

Suppose there's always this.......

http://www.autodelta.co.uk/range/j5/model.htm

B)

Carefull....... Your all feeding my car buying habbit!! I really should stop now!

I know my last two Alfa broke down every two minutes, but they are such good looking things!

No No No, it ok I can handle it!! :surrender:

Alfa's are beautiful but I dont think Im really that much of a fan that I could live with its shortcommings in terms of reliability;depreciation;less performance than the zed.

Im quite tempted by the new shape BMW M5 a few years down the line & Im still seriously considering a full on Impreza Wrx Sti PPP (Prodrive performance pack) thats 320 bhp & 0 to 60mph in about 4.6 seconds!

The Holden Monaro is an unusual prospect and so is the 300c, but if I am going down that big 5/6ltr muscle car route then Id prefer the Mustang with the rhd conversion already done.

The Infiniti G37 coupe is an interesting one, something that I need to look into maybe. At least I'l be able to put my 19"s from the zed on it!

There are only 5 cars I would ever swap my Z for

Sagaris, 911 Turbo, F430, R34 or an R33.

The Chrysler 300C is nice, we had one as a hire car in Florida a few years ago and they are huge. A 6ft adult can sit in comfort in the back of it.

Hate kids so all I'll say on the subject of next car is most likely a new Z then a GTR next year. I figure it'd be better on depreciation as mine is an 04.

Just get a second hand M3, 5 or 6 and a toy for the weekends for youself.

Guy

Have you seen the specs?

0 - 62 mph in 7 seconds for the 3.2 4wd version :headhurt:

Revised list after your opinions:

1)Subaru Impreza 2.5 Wrx Sti/ppp (Common/Chav/Interior)

1) BMW M5 new shape (4 to 5 yrs old/ servicng costs by BMW)

2) Nissan Skyline GTR 34 (maintenenace costs & reliability/old)

3) Mustang Roush Stg3 or Shelby (finding right hand drive/petrol)

?? B)

The Chrysler 300C is nice, we had one as a hire car in Florida a few years ago and they are huge. A 6ft adult can sit in comfort in the back of it.

Id get an R32 over an R33, R33 are too heavy, R32 much better write up :thumbs:

Evo's are too expensive to run cos of servicing, not sure what imprezas are like for servicing but are chavy... Id get a sensible car DB9s and an Areal Atom car for the pure fact that it will out do any other car out there :thumbs:

Id get an R32 over an R33, R33 are too heavy, R32 much better write up :thumbs:

Evo's are too expensive to run cos of servicing, not sure what imprezas are like for servicing but are chavy... Id get a sensible car DB9s and an Areal Atom car for the pure fact that it will out do any other car out there :thumbs:

Not a fan of the R32, prefer the looks of the 33 & 34 :thumbs:

Imprezas are better than Evos for servicing. I was very dissapointed with the Impreza, it was only a WRX but it was slower than my Ibiza but im sure an STi would be much better

Imprezas are cheaper than Evos to run mainly due to 12,000 mile/1yr subaru servicing as compared to Evo's 4,500/6 month servicing schedule!

Aslo Subaru dealers are a bit cheaper & mpg is better than Mitsu Evo.

I d love a DB9 but too expensine even a few yrs old one

Revised list after your opinions:

1)Subaru Impreza 2.5 Wrx Sti/ppp (Common/Chav/Interior)

1) BMW M5 new shape (4 to 5 yrs old/ servicng costs by BMW)

2) Nissan Skyline GTR 34 (maintenenace costs & reliability/old)

3) Mustang Roush Stg3 or Shelby (finding right hand drive/petrol)

?? B)

1) The new WRX is about to be lauched so will hit depreciation even further so bargains to be had. A nice WR1 Prodrive is a bit exclusive. I had a WRX a few years ago and it's about the quickest thing on British twisty roads you can buy. Easily outrun a Zed even the non STi

1) M5 does have a short service interval and high fuel consumption costs, but german reliability. You can also buy extended warranty on any age of BMW and this is transferable, so you may be able to get a warranted M5. Personally I don't like the Dame Edna front end but would put up with this for the supercar performance.

2) :yawn: THis is a seriously old car now and not really in the same league as the rest in the refinement and usability.

3) Don't think they make a RHD.