A year or two down the line -what car next?

rickya

I bought my zed 18 months ago & think it is an amazing car in terms of performane; jaw dropping styling; modernity; running costs inc fuel consumption; & reliability. Throw in the main bit, the fact that you get all that & more for a reasonable amount of money, especially 2nd hand & your onto a winner!

The only point which would make me sell in a couple of years is the fact that it has only 2 seats. I run another 4 seater 4 door family saloon & still will. But nevertheless I can forsee a 2nd nipper comming along in a few years; that along with taking nipper no 1 to nursery etc will change things. (The Mrs drives the other saloon to work etc). There are gona be many times when I will need to pick up/drop more than 1 person in the family somewhere & I wont have the other car. I could live with it & get by with a bit of planning etc but at the same time could I not have a most of the above traits of zed but with 4 seats also?

Here is a little list of 2nd hand 1yr to 3yrs old cars I could contemplate in a couple of years when they would be worth somewhere between 15k to 25k approx pounds. ps I dont want anything slower than the zed. (In order of my preference, with problems listed)

1) Subaru Impreza (MY06) wrx sti (std/ppp)- dated concept;boy racer; chav.

2) Nissan Skyline GTR-34 - my budget would get more than 4 yrs old if that

3) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo9 FQ 340 or preferably FQ360 - servicing every 4.5k miles or 6 months; not as easy/subtle/everyday as above cars

4) Ford Mustang GT Roush or Shelby - Most Left hand drive; gas guzzeler

(5) Audi RS4 - too much money even in 2 years time)

Any ideas??? :thumbs::wacko:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarnie how about you settle for a 2nd hand 360 Modena that would leave about 60k pounds you could give to me! :teeth:

There won't be £60k spare as I'm not buying a new one. Something like this:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/144424.htm

Which by the time Nov 08 comes around should be about £70k or less. Minus p/x ing of my zed will leave about £55k :)

Kev I have the BMW 330d which in a few years I will replace with a second hand 335i or 335d so wont something a bit different.

Monkfish the S4 is good but I need somthing a bit more mental;butch;performance type! :teeth:

4 door, 4 seat and performance?

Easy, buy an Evo! VII, VIII, or IX; they are all good.

Tuneable up to 900 bhp and a decent sized boot as well.

That's all from Capt Sensible. :surrender:

Obviously, keep the Z and don't have any more kids :teeth:

Kev I have the BMW 330d which in a few years I will replace with a second hand 335i or 335d so wont something a bit different.

Monkfish the S4 is good but I need somthing a bit more mental;butch;performance type! :teeth:

M5 or maybe the new M5 Touring. A lot of car for your money, especially when secondhand....V10 and 500bhp... :thumbs:

This might be embarrassing but..... Think about a 335d BMW. Seriously.

Why? One kept up with my GT4 and I could not get passed it when we played on my private road on the return from the Wales run. :blush:

Sure it was not so good around the roundabouts but other than that it was quick, comes with 4 doors, seats 5 and the latest model looks pretty good. With them being as common as Mondeos, the re-sale should be around your budget perhaps?

My GT4 is not modified but I reckon it's got a few bhp on yours (hasn't it?) so the 335d should be to your satisfaction....

Hmm thats a hard one mate, EVO's cool but servicing and costs etc are stupid to me, Mustang GT500 is a great option as i love them to bits and they just scream "**** off out of my way" and offer everything you need. Monaro too :teeth:

Not sure about the Monaro being a Vauxhall?

Roush Mustang (Stage 3) would be good if found in right hand drive conversion at good price.

Kev M5 is an idea though do you think the current M5 model would come down to my price range in a few yrs?

Sarnie how about you settle for a 2nd hand 360 Modena that would leave about 60k pounds you could give to me! :teeth:

Which by the time Nov 08 comes around should be about £70k or less. Minus p/x ing of my zed will leave about £55k :)

I'm with Sarnie on this. A couple of years ans its MINE all MINE !!!

I'm with Sarnie on this. A couple of years ans its MINE all MINE !!!

My whole busines plan is built around saving £3k a month for the next 18 months so I can buy a gallardo before I'm 30 B)

Some might laugh but:......................

Chrysler 300C with a 340bhp 5.7 litre hemi engine.

Already coming in at £17,000 Such a big engine would take a supercharger/turbocharger conversion no probs at all and would give about 450 to 500BHP

Different and an altenative to the BMW / AUDI route.

Just a thought

Ming the Mind Muddled

Not sure about the Monaro being a Vauxhall?

Roush Mustang (Stage 3) would be good if found in right hand drive conversion at good price.

Kev M5 is an idea though do you think the current M5 model would come down to my price range in a few yrs?

Monaro's a good call if you can get on with the looks. There are some factory approved supercharger conversions out there which will still depreciate like f@ck. Loads of lairy tailslides! It's a Holden rather than a Vauxhall and you can't be a badge snob because you drive a Nissan! :teeth:

Well... Im already getting tempted at a 3.2 Alfa Romeo Spider... Its sooo pretty!!!

(ok enough of that) :wacko:

Me too but despite being gorgeous its apparently pants to drive. Life's cruel! :thumbdown: