Custom Titanium Exhaust by DMS

HaydnH

Hi All,

I picked up my car on Friday after have a custom Ti exhaust made by DMS (appologies for the bad phone quality photos):

CIMG0080_zpsc8f6df83.jpg

CIMG0084_zpseb2be898.jpg

CIMG0081_zps96593283.jpg

Although I asked for the exhaust to be y-pipe back they made a titanium y-pipe as well... which as I had Motordyne ART decats + XYZ y-pipe with HFC means I'm now running decatted.

CIMG0082_zps7b1fd0e2.jpg

CIMG0083_zps0780d54b.jpg

I haven't quite decided what to do yet, while the exhaust sounds and looks lovely as it is, I'm not sure I want to stay decatted. I guess I'll either chop out the titanium y-pipe and put the XYZ back or leave it as it is and put up with the hassle at MOT time. Either way I guess I'll have a y-pipe of some description to sell in future. :lol:

Haydn.

p.s: Yes I know you'll ask for a sound clip, I'll try and get one up soon... maybe I'll do it at Wales if someone has a camera with a good mic?

wow! that looks awesome. if I were you id just leave it decatted and find a friendly mot station. do you know how much the system weighs as id imagine it will be considerably lighter than stock?

I don't think they actually weighed it, although Dixon said you can pick it all up with one hand... I'm guess they meant they could as I'm probably not as strong as them. :lol:

wow! that looks awesome. if I were you id just leave it decatted and find a friendly mot station. do you know how much the system weighs as id imagine it will be considerably lighter than stock?

I don't think they actually weighed it, although Dixon said you can pick it all up with one hand... I'm guess they meant they could as I'm probably not as strong as them. :lol:

that's cool. how does it sound then? im not even going to ask how much it was as its probably not good to think about how much you've just spent :lol:

• 1 year later...

Holy thread revival bat man......

Haydn, answer your text message and answer my PM. No wonder you miss out on everything, you don't respond.

I need to ask you a question ref DMS.

Unless anyone else here knows who DMS is?

If it was DMS Dixon Motorsport (Bexley), they've closed down (according to facebook), they did service and do things for 350z's.

Unlikely but could be a friends company in Southampton, DMS Automotive.

Edited by RobPhoboS

Oh well. Need to look elsewhere for a price on a full headers to tips exhaust.

Current price is earth shattering painful!!

It wasn't that cheap :scare:

Thinking about it I could get a ARC Ti for less.

Think I found a company in Wimbourne who may delivery the necessary full system. Going to ring them tomorrow. They cover full custom builds inuding V8's

Try:

http://www.haywardandscott.com

A full system is going to be expensive anyway, no matter where (IF they are good).

Okay I went to page 5 of the Porsche list (price order) and lets just say it's a par price. Although the price I've been quoted doesn't include cats.

So clearly and it confirms the price received thus far, custom headers, down pipe and the rest is well over priced.

Thing is I'd ideally want the manufacturer to be as close to Dorset as possible, to save shipping the car round. But let's just say you're on the right page.

The only other place I know is even further, up at Silverstone. Those guys do F1 exhausts and other bits and pieces, you'll get a work of art but it'll probably be about £6k :D

I want it cheaper not more expensive. :doh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A good friend of mine was the main mechanic at DMS (Chris) they have indeed closed down and my friend now runs his own place with the hunter alignment system etc installed. Dixon got the exhausts made by a friend of his who has his own shop. Solid fabrications, he does stainless exhaust and titanium also turbo builds etc. based In Orpington, Kent look them up on Facebook.

Wasso pretty sure they would be able to sort you out :) don't think there prices are all that cheap though but pay for what you get ;)

• Like 1